HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bayswater
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Think I'll go to Anzac day in Tassie vs the Eagles and GC at Metricon. Usually do 3 trips a season so weighing up either Freo Round 2 or Port in Adelaide on the Friday night. Brisbane on a Thursday night makes it hard as I need two days off work, Thursday night slots kill travelling fans.

Falco131415

Senior List
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee after the RD.13 game v handbaggers we only play at the MCG 2 more times?
To me that just seems very light on towards the business end of the season.
Actually for an MCG tenant that's poor.
As per usual from the AFL shithouse!
Our RD. 8 v Sydney would of been better at the SCG & RD.23 @ the MCG.
Not 3 years in the row finish off interstate.
Has any other side endured this- their last 3 or more times RD.23 interstate?

cryptor

Premium Gold
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee after the RD.13 game v handbaggers we only play at the MCG 2 more times?
To me that just seems very light on towards the business end of the season.
Actually for an MCG tenant that's poor.
As per usual from the AFL shithouse!
Our RD. 8 v Sydney would of been better at the SCG & RD.23 @ the MCG.
Not 3 years in the row finish off interstate.
Has any other side endured this- their last 3 or more times RD.23 interstate?
Not playing at the MCG in round 23 hasn't stopped us from winning in those last 3 years either.

The club elects to play 4 games in Tassie, not the AFL. So not sure how you can blame them for not fixturing us MCG games then.

Look on the bright side. We get a bunch of MCG games earlier in the season. Gives us an opportunity to bank points early while every team is fresh. Then in the run home hopefully we then have the flexibility to manage players. And we also get a greater challenge going into a potential finals campaign. Having to do it hard late in the season hasn't prevented us from winning in many previous years.

Brant

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Padbury; WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Actually works beautifully for me. Looking to make the trip from Seattle for the last three matches. One in Tassie, one at the G and end up being able to spend time with our friends in Sydney. Only hang up at the moment is can I get the holiday time from work...
Gee, I hope you don't catch a bad case of that August - September 'flu - the kind that prevents you from working or even working from home & can only be treated in Australia ;)

Top Bottom