Analysis 2020 Fixture - Who will we play

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Think I'll go to Anzac day in Tassie vs the Eagles and GC at Metricon. Usually do 3 trips a season so weighing up either Freo Round 2 or Port in Adelaide on the Friday night. Brisbane on a Thursday night makes it hard as I need two days off work, Thursday night slots kill travelling fans.

I normally put the Hawk fixture up as my desktop background. They haven't put up an official one yet, so I did a cheap and cheerful knockup of their image to fit desktop dimensions.

It's no work of art, but it should suffice until they bring the real one out
hawk fixture.jpg

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee after the RD.13 game v handbaggers we only play at the MCG 2 more times?
To me that just seems very light on towards the business end of the season.
Actually for an MCG tenant that's poor.
As per usual from the AFL shithouse!
Our RD. 8 v Sydney would of been better at the SCG & RD.23 @ the MCG.
Not 3 years in the row finish off interstate.
Has any other side endured this- their last 3 or more times RD.23 interstate?

Gee after the RD.13 game v handbaggers we only play at the MCG 2 more times?
To me that just seems very light on towards the business end of the season.
Actually for an MCG tenant that's poor.
As per usual from the AFL shithouse!
Our RD. 8 v Sydney would of been better at the SCG & RD.23 @ the MCG.
Not 3 years in the row finish off interstate.
Has any other side endured this- their last 3 or more times RD.23 interstate?
Not playing at the MCG in round 23 hasn't stopped us from winning in those last 3 years either.

The club elects to play 4 games in Tassie, not the AFL. So not sure how you can blame them for not fixturing us MCG games then.

Look on the bright side. We get a bunch of MCG games earlier in the season. Gives us an opportunity to bank points early while every team is fresh. Then in the run home hopefully we then have the flexibility to manage players. And we also get a greater challenge going into a potential finals campaign. Having to do it hard late in the season hasn't prevented us from winning in many previous years.

Actually works beautifully for me. Looking to make the trip from Seattle for the last three matches. One in Tassie, one at the G and end up being able to spend time with our friends in Sydney. Only hang up at the moment is can I get the holiday time from work...

Actually works beautifully for me. Looking to make the trip from Seattle for the last three matches. One in Tassie, one at the G and end up being able to spend time with our friends in Sydney. Only hang up at the moment is can I get the holiday time from work...
Gee, I hope you don't catch a bad case of that August - September 'flu - the kind that prevents you from working or even working from home & can only be treated in Australia ;)

Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
Think I'll go to Anzac day in Tassie vs the Eagles and GC at Metricon. Usually do 3 trips a season so weighing up either Freo Round 2 or Port in Adelaide on the Friday night. Brisbane on a Thursday night makes it hard as I need two days off work, Thursday night slots kill travelling fans.

If you have not yet been. I highly recommend Optus stadium, get in while it is still the newest and shiniest stadium in the world.

If you have not yet been. I highly recommend Optus stadium, get in while it is still the newest and shiniest stadium in the world.

Wife and I are heading there for round 2 for that reason :)

cogs2hawks

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have the replacement games been announced yet?
With tickets going on sale for members Monday it would be nice to have some notice about which games will require tickets for

I’m presuming probs Geelong (Easter Monday), North (R8), Dons (R16) and Tigs (R22)

Hawthorn has revealed its 2020 replacement games, with four additional blockbusters in store for the club’s Victorian members.
All four replacement games will be played against fellow Victorian rivals, with the first coming on Easter Monday when the Hawks take on the Cats.
Club members will also gain access to clashes in Rounds 7, 20 and 22 the Bulldogs, St Kilda and Richmond respectively.

Back