Preview 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL has reportedly been forced to delay its official finals series fixture announcement after belittling St Kilda with a brutal dismissal on Monday.

Leaked details surrounding the make-up of the 2020 finals series fixture shows the league is set to ignore St Kilda’s request to play a “home” elimination final in Queensland because it is more lucrative for the league’s coffers if the game is played in Adelaide.

St Kilda’s “home” final against the Western Bulldogs in the first week of the finals was confirmed after the final game of the regular season where Port Adelaide’s win over Collingwood kept the Saints as the No. 6 seed for the finals series.
It was revealed earlier on Monday the AFL is planning on playing two games in the first weekend of the finals in Adelaide — and is prepared to ignore official requests from the Saints to have their wish come true.
According to reports, the AFL was not prepared to make the same move to force St Kilda interstate if powerhouse club Collingwood had jumped up to sixth on the ladder with a win over the Power.

If Port Adelaide defeats Collingwood, the AFL is planning to schedule St Kilda’s home elimination final at Adelaide Oval.
The Saints would play the Western Bulldogs on either Saturday afternoon or Saturday twilight in the first week of finals, even if the club’s preference is to remain in Queensland.

The league has made it clear to the Saints that it does not want Brett Ratten’s men to play an elimination final at Metricon Stadium, when Adelaide Oval is available and has a larger capacity.

Collingwood to request the AFL to re-schedule their EF against the Wet Toast to Lexus stadium. WC to fly over at 4:00am the morning of the game, arrive 15 minutes before kickoff, fly out 30 minutes after the game finishes.
Seems fair to me.

The AFL has reportedly been forced to delay its official finals series fixture announcement after belittling St Kilda with a brutal dismissal on Monday.

Leaked details surrounding the make-up of the 2020 finals series fixture shows the league is set to ignore St Kilda’s request to play a “home” elimination final in Queensland because it is more lucrative for the league’s coffers if the game is played in Adelaide.

St Kilda’s “home” final against the Western Bulldogs in the first week of the finals was confirmed after the final game of the regular season where Port Adelaide’s win over Collingwood kept the Saints as the No. 6 seed for the finals series.
It was revealed earlier on Monday the AFL is planning on playing two games in the first weekend of the finals in Adelaide — and is prepared to ignore official requests from the Saints to have their wish come true.
According to reports, the AFL was not prepared to make the same move to force St Kilda interstate if powerhouse club Collingwood had jumped up to sixth on the ladder with a win over the Power.

Tom Browneye features strongly in this speculation - could (should?) end his career if he's been barking up the wrong tree again. I get that two games at the Gabba on the same day would be problematic, although I think they've done that before during the H&A, but what's wrong with Metricon??

This morning I thought I heard over the radio news that the Saints are OK to play in Adelaide. Possible Saturday nite game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back