Preview 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Vic supporters page on Facebook someone made a comment that member services told them only 4 games in Vic next year.

Rumour had it there was meant to be a Friday Night Showdown last last year but it fell through at the last minute.

There probably won’t be one next year either due to both teams form.
Neither SA side was as good as Carlton so haven't earnt their fair share of Friday night fixtures.

Carlton will be better than both SA teams next year.

I'll save you some time and list all the teams we can definitely lock in as not better than both SA teams:

Gold Coast

That is all

Can't wait to see which top team we'll get to beat in round 1 to give us hope for the season...

And when we will get to beat reigning premiers Richmond...

And which team will play us with half of their players out and gameday injuries only to have a fairytale come from behind season-defining victory that spurs them on to win the premiership...

We are due to go to the Cattery and just our luck balmy Ballarat = 6 “Melb” games, oh by the way it’s been an eternity since we’ve played St Kilda at Marvel.
But if we play the Saints in Melbourne, that'd effectively make the China game our home game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 games in Vic sounds about normal.

11 away games
-1 in Adelaide
-1 in Shanghai
Are locked in, then we can probably assume the other 9 as:
-1 (at least) in WA
-1 in QLD
-1 in Sydney or Canberra
-1 in Tassie (we seem to go there a lot)
-1 in some obscure venue somewhere (maybe we are going back to the NT? Or the AFL will pull out a game in Broome or something)

Would leave us 4 Vic games.

Seems par for the course really.

On the Vic supporters page on Facebook someone made a comment that member services told them only 4 games in Vic next year.
That goes along with what I heard from someone that our possible double ups this year are adelaide, gold coast, west coast, Freo and hawthorn.

4 games in Vic sounds about normal.

11 away games
-1 in Adelaide
-1 in Shanghai
Are locked in, then we can probably assume the other 9 as:
-1 (at least) in WA
-1 in QLD
-1 in Sydney or Canberra
-1 in Tassie (we seem to go there a lot)
-1 in some obscure venue somewhere (maybe we are going back to the NT? Or the AFL will pull out a game in Broome or something)

Would leave us 4 Vic games.

Seems par for the course really.

Remember when the AFL signed the deal to lock the grand final in at the MCG in perpetuity? The trade off was that all non Victorian clubs be given more games at the MCG as a sort of compensation package.
Before you could even blink the 2019 fixture gets released and we’re scheduled to play Collingwood (an MCG tenant) at Docklands.
Gil is awesome.

That goes along with what I heard from someone that our possible double ups this year are adelaide, gold coast, west coast, Freo and hawthorn.
So two trips to Perth, as well as GC and likely Tasmania. There'll almost certainly be one or two to Sydney/Canberra. Any of you stats gurus added up the cost of attending every match? ;)

Remember when the AFL signed the deal to lock the grand final in at the MCG in perpetuity? The trade off was that all non Victorian clubs be given more games at the MCG as a sort of compensation package.
Before you could even blink the 2019 fixture gets released and we’re scheduled to play Collingwood (an MCG tenant) at Docklands.
Gil is awesome.
We play 2 games at the MCG. We played Melbourne and Richmond. Collingwood was at Marvel.

Richmond also hosted a match at Docklands, but against someone else.

I would like our double ups to be:
Rich
Hawks
Ess
Crows
Freo

Good chance that with those double ups we wont have a 50% win record.

If we get
Brisbane
North
Dogs
Adel
GC

Then we are likely to win more than half which could mean we keep Ken.

I really hope the 2020 Shanghai fixture is under lights.

I think the AFL is really trying to help St Kilda this off-season, not necessarily for this game, with the hope of making them more competitive in 2020. Could be a way to satisfy both clubs Friday fixture wish-list.

I really hope the 2020 Shanghai fixture is under lights.

I think the AFL is really trying to help St Kilda this off-season, not necessarily for this game, with the hope of making them more competitive in 2020. Could be a way to satisfy both clubs Friday fixture wish-list.

Except for them to play a game 'under lights' in China they'd have to screen it into Australia at about 11 o'clock at night.

Except for them to play a game 'under lights' in China they'd have to screen it into Australia at about 11 o'clock at night.

Twilight game. 4:40 Shanghai time = 7:40 Eastern Standard Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back