Remove this Banner Ad

The only fixture anomalies I can think of:

We haven't played...

* St Kilda in Melbourne since 2013 and that’s not happening next year
* GWS at Spotless Stadium since 2013, it’s always AO or Canberra
* Gold Coast at Carrara since 2016
* Collingwood at Adelaide Oval since 2017
* Geelong at Kardinia Park since 2017
* Hawthorn in Adelaide or Melbourne since 2017, it’s been in Tasmania the last two years

Apart from that, we’ve played every other team at least once home and away the past two years

Last edited:

My guesses:

Round 1 v Collingwood at home in Blue & White hoops
Round 7 v Crows Friday night in prison bars (home showdown)
Round 11 v Saints in Shanghai in China guernseys
Round 14 v Hawthorn at home in Indigenous guernseys
Round 18 v Brisbane at home in 2004 replica guernseys

2 games in Perth vs each WA team would be amazing for us here. Maybe Round 4 and 15.

Give us all top 8 teams for the first 8 rounds to open the year with a challenge so we can get a quicker answer. We beat 5 of the 8 MINUMUM we get a pass, just a pass though. That's the next dock we need to make it to, we'll see if we have to throw anyone overboard before we get there.

Now that we know we’re playing at home in the blue and white hoops on May 24th (Round 10), any guesses as to who our opponent might be?

It won’t be the Crows because we’re wearing the prison bars against them and we play St Kilda in China the week after.

Now that we know we’re playing at home in the blue and white hoops on May 24th (Round 10), any guesses as to who our opponent might be?

It won’t be the Crows because we’re wearing the prison bars against them and we play St Kilda in China the week after.

Collingwood.

It would have a certain synergy to it.

Pretty sure it's Brisbane.

I thought we wear going to wear our SBS home jumper for one game this year? That one's the one that would probably be against Brisbane.
I thought so too but they didn't showcase that guernsey today, leaving me thinking that they might not bring it back next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"The Port Adelaide Football Club played its first match against a team from North Adelaide known as the 'Young Australians'."

Unless someone can find out what the Young Australians looked like, How about Sydney since they have a similar look to North Adelaide?

"The Port Adelaide Football Club played its first match against a team from North Adelaide known as the 'Young Australians'."

Unless someone can find out what the Young Australians looked like, How about Sydney since they have a similar look to North Adelaide?

Or North Melbourne. The club name signifying the move from state league to national league.

My guesses:

Round 1 v Collingwood at home in Blue & White hoops
Round 7 v Crows Friday night in prison bars (home showdown)
Round 11 v Saints in Shanghai in China guernseys
Round 14 v Hawthorn at home in Indigenous guernseys
Round 18 v Brisbane at home in 2004 replica guernseys

2 games in Perth vs each WA team would be amazing for us here. Maybe Round 4 and 15.

The hoops will be saved for the anniversary game in May.

Round one or two will be a Home Showdown with the PB's I reckon!

Except for them to play a game 'under lights' in China they'd have to screen it into Australia at about 11 o'clock at night.
China - Is a 1 time zone country and is in line with Perth, despite covering about 5 time zones geographically.

Your time difference calculation is India or west of that.

Keith said he'd prefer the anniversary game to be in July when the first game was played instead of May when the club was founded.

Keith said he'd prefer the anniversary game to be in July when the first game was played instead of May when the club was founded.
I heard him say that and don't know what he meant by it. We played the Young Australians in our first match on 24th May 1870. The club's first meeting was 13th May, first practice was Saturday 14th May. Supposedly the club was formed in April 1870.

The SAFA/SAFL/SANFL was 7 years away from being formed. There was no formal premiership competition.

According to John Wood's book, Simply the Best - The Story of the Port Adelaide Football Club, Part I 1870-1901, - "In that first year, hardly a season, the Ports met the Young Australians four times, for three draws and a loss, twice at Glanville and twice in the north parklands."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back