Preview 2020 Fixture

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Couldn't ask for a better venue and timeslot heading in to finals.

Add to that the pressure most likely to regain top spot and it's the perfect lead in fixture.

Some folks around here need a cup of cement....

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
We’re probably playing on the Monday night to give the Pies as much time as possibly to get Degoey in and then as much chance as they can to make finals
Degoey should not be playing regardless even if fit. He is up on a sexual assault charge and should not play until he faces the court.

As if Collingwood were ever going to accept facing a wall of prison bars at AO...

We have only lost to Brisbane at the Gabba this season, beaten Carlton and Melbourne there. And with a real bye the week after, as opposed to the Clayton's bye we just had, we should be ripe for a Qualifying final.

.... and we may be playing Geelong who aren't the best after a bye...

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Imagine getting 10 of 17 games on your home deck being sh*t all season.

Then being top all season, and have to play Collingwood on a monday in the last game of the round before finals.

fu** the AFL/VFL. I'm done with 11 game season memberships... 3 game membership incoming next season just to go to the showdown once a year and any friday night games, if we get any.
Gillon, Auld, Hocking can all get f*****!
HTFU buddy.

I hate the inequity of the AFL too but I'll support my club in spite of it all.

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As if Collingwood were ever going to accept facing a wall of prison bars at AO...

We have only lost to Brisbane at the Gabba this season, beaten Carlton and Melbourne there. And with a real bye the week after, as opposed to the Clayton's bye we just had, we should be ripe for a Qualifying final.
The "real bye" could be as little as 9 days and the qualifying final could be against West Coast with an extra 4 days' break.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Monday 21st September, will mean do win the minor premiership or do the wobblers make the eight. Very good fixture programming by the AFL!

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Isn't eddie up in the qld hub with Gil? Plenty of 'cups of coffee' I reckon.

Wobblers have got the slot they wanted... we all know Collingwood in the finals is what all these AFL big wig campaigners want.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
118993595_317895915947579_5117317743480508015_n.jpg

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Isn't eddie up in the qld hub with Gil? Plenty of 'cups of coffee' I reckon.

Wobblers have got the slot they wanted... we all know Collingwood in the finals is what all these AFL big wig campaigners want.
So Ports goal needs to be win by a point 5 seconds before the finals. That would be the biggest FU to the AFL 😂😂😂

PortWTF

All Australian
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's pretty obvious they have just designed this on the assumption that Collingwood will need to win to make finals, given the Bulldogs are their likely replacement.

Cheesey Mac

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Sox, Patriots
Pretty annoyed that we got the Monday night because I have a family event on that I now need to try to get changed to a room with a TV, but fine with the match location. Experience on the Gabba at night is a good thing considering that's where we need to perform if we want to win the flag.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we win sat and the lions drop just one of their Iast 3 we will have top 2 locked in after round 17. Regardless of geel/ rich result. We will then be in a great spot. We could in theory choose who we play first week of the finals. Being the last game of the round is a huge advantage. Should be at AO but good to have an extra game at the gabba.

Back