Preview 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD a Monday night game thinking the ratings will be thru the roof.

I get the VFL were never going to give us an AO game, but its a Monday night because Collingwood play the previous Monday. It should have been Sunday night if 7 wanted to maximize ratings.

What people don't get is that we are going to miss out come finals draw. AFL has said all finals will be at night.

With a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night finals in week 1, setting it up for SF's and PF's it means;

1v4 QF most likely to play Wednesday night and 5v8 EF Thursday, 2v3 QF Friday and 6v7 EF Saturday.
If its 1 Port v 4 Richmond - Richmond get 2 extra days break and we are the bloody minor premiers.
If 1 Port v 4 Geelong - Geelong only get 1 extra day break.
If 1 Port v 4 WCE - WCE get 4 extra days break.

Week 2 loser 1v4 QF vs winner 5v8 EF = SF1 Thursday (loser 1v4 gets extra day rest) and loser 2v3 QF vs win 6v7 EF = SF2 Friday

Week 3 winner 1v4 QF vs winner SF2 Friday night, Winner 2v3 QF vs winner SF1 plays Saturday night
This way everyone gets at least 7 days break

If Week 3 winner 1v4 QF vs SF2 Thursday night, Winner 2v3 QF plays Friday night
Winner SF 2 only gets 6 day break, Winner SF 1 gets an 8 day break

If we win sat and the lions drop just one of their Iast 3 we will have top 2 locked in after round 17. Regardless of geel/ rich result. We will then be in a great spot. We could in theory choose who we play first week of the finals. Being the last game of the round is a huge advantage. Should be at AO but good to have an extra game at the gabba.
GC has a reasonable chance to beat them. One of these days they will beat their cross town rival. Time to bring your A game GC and close out your season, finishing higher on the ladder than you ever have before!

I get the VFL were never going to give us an AO game, but its a Monday night because Collingwood play the previous Monday. It should have been Sunday night if 7 wanted to maximize ratings.

What people don't get is that we are going to miss out come finals draw. AFL has said all finals will be at night.

With a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night finals in week 1, setting it up for SF's and PF's it means;

1v4 QF most likely to play Wednesday night and 5v8 EF Thursday, 2v3 QF Friday and 6v7 EF Saturday.
If its 1 Port v 4 Richmond - Richmond get 2 extra days break and we are the bloody minor premiers.

Week 2 loser 1v4 QF vs winner 5v8 EF = SF1 Thursday (loser 1v4 gets extra day rest) and loser 2v3 QF vs win 6v7 EF = SF2 Friday

Week 3 winner 1v4 QF vs winner SF2 Friday night, Winner 2v3 QF vs winner SF1 plays Saturday night

Has the wednesday night week 1 game been confirmed by the AFL yet? I know they were tossing it up but wasn't sure if confirmed.

Seems ridiculous that we are getting screwed after likely finishing top, but I think when you're comparing a break of 9 days to 11 for instance, the difference there is a lot less than the difference between a 6 day break and a 4 day break. Once teams have a week or more between games, the difference is more or less negligible imo.

Has the wednesday night week 1 game been confirmed by the AFL yet? I know they were tossing it up but wasn't sure if confirmed.

Seems ridiculous that we are getting screwed after likely finishing top, but I think when you're comparing a break of 9 days to 11 for instance, the difference there is a lot less than the difference between a 6 day break and a 4 day break. Once teams have a week or more between games, the difference is more or less negligible imo.
AFL Media wouldn't report poised for a Wednesday final unless they were told by AFL admin.

I get that its not as big a deal for finals, but WCE 4 extra days for finishing 4th over us if we finish the 1st team, could mean the difference between 1 or 2 players getting up and not getting up for a final.

Was it always going to be Collingwood's home game or was that decided upon recently?
I think it was listed alphabetically previously so it had always been Collingwood vs Port but not necessarily a guaranteed Pies home game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was listed alphabetically previously so it had always been Collingwood vs Port but not necessarily a guaranteed Pies home game

Incorrect. At least half of the games were not alphabetically listed.

As soon as it was Collingwood first it was always going to be a game in QLD.

You can’t seriously expect collingwood to play you at AO, In a shortened season, we’ve already played giants at home, adel at home, eagles and freo at home, bris at home, Gold Coast to come at home... seriously... the only team we played on neutral ground was syd. if you want to talk about fixtures, have a look at the Queensland tigers 🐯

Why do you guys care what the piece of sh*t Crows are getting? They are bottom and hopeless. There is no advantage for them in this. It just means their supporters have to sit through more shitful performances.

The SMA might weave in a parade on the bridge after the game, get all the oldies down there waving scarfs, sell them all expensive pasties and chardy, they’ll make a killing.

You can’t seriously expect collingwood to play you at AO, In a shortened season, we’ve already played giants at home, adel at home, eagles and freo at home, bris at home, Gold Coast to come at home... seriously... the only team we played on neutral ground was syd. if you want to talk about fixtures, have a look at the Queensland tigers 🐯

We travel about 11 times a year,
It’s normal.

Yeah but we need to feel sorry for the Vic teams....

Hey if we're good enough, a 9 day break before the first final shouldn't be an issue. Recapture the form from the Richmond game, and we'll give it a real crack.

And I'd much rather have a tough game in the final round, as opposed to playing witches hats, as we did in 2017.

Couldn't ask for a better venue and timeslot heading in to finals.

Add to that the pressure most likely to regain top spot and it's the perfect lead in fixture.

Some folks around here need a cup of cement....

Getting to play on the gabba at night before the finals is fantastic, what better prep do you want....bring it on Farkin!
GF is at the GABBA. Great preparation, only bitch is it should have been a Sunday game.

Anytime, anywhere, bring it on.
Good practice for the GF.

We all know why Collingwood won't play us in Adelaide, Eddie would pop a vein looking at all the black and white.
I just hope we sell out of prison bars multiple times. Call it Petition #2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back