Preview 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been nice to see the team play more often but I just hope they carry on and do some damage in the finals.
That's the key right there - despite the obstacles that we've faced this year, we have a rare opportunity to have a real crack at glory, and there's no guarantees on when such an opportunity will present itself again. The qualifying final will arguably be our most important game for many years, and we simply MUST win that game!!!!

I have no gripe with Collingwood. I also have no issue playing you at the Gabba. It was slated as an away game for us so it makes sense.
Exactly. Was just curious why people think we had an easy fixture, far from it, we’ve been everywhere. Not complaining simply pointing out why this game is in Brisbane Which is neutral anyway . Whole fixtures been a mess, and it’s weird adel get 3 more home games than you I agree. Like I said if there’s any gripes look at Richmonds draw. Should have been first team penciled in for perth hub.

Last edited:
Exactly. Was just curious why people think we had an easy fixture, far from it, we’ve been everywhere. Not complaining simply pointing out why this game is in Brisbane Which is neutral anyway . Whole fixtures been a mess, and it’s weird adel get 3 more home games than you I agree. Like I said if there’s any gripes look at Richmonds draw. Should have been first team penciled in for perth hub.
I think it's more of a 'dicking around Port' issue than a Collingwood issue.

We'd almost certainly be in the same situation if we were playing the Bulldogs.

GOLD COAST — The AFL finals series will start on a Thursday night this season, not a Wednesday as the league was considering.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed there will be games played on Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday twilight in week one of finals.

If West Coast finish fifth, they will play a home elimination final in Perth. Their opponents will need to quarantine for seven days in Western Australia before playing the game.

GOLD COAST — The AFL finals series will start on a Thursday night this season, not a Wednesday as the league was considering.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed there will be games played on Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday twilight in week one of finals.

If West Coast finish fifth, they will play a home elimination final in Perth. Their opponents will need to quarantine for seven days in Western Australia before playing the game.

Bet we get the Saturday afternoon game despite finishing top 2.

Bet we get the Saturday afternoon game despite finishing top 2.

Highly unlikely.
If we finish top we will get the Thursday night game. If we finish 2nd we will get the Friday night game. Saturday will be the day for the elimination finals.

An alternative is that we play Thursday night and the elimination final to play against the loser of our quali final plays on the Friday night. Then you've got a quali and the other corresponding elimination final both on the Saturday.

Highly unlikely.
If we finish top we will get the Thursday night game. If we finish 2nd we will get the Friday night game. Saturday will be the day for the elimination finals.

An alternative is that we play Thursday night and the elimination final to play against the loser of our quali final plays on the Friday night. Then you've got a quali and the other corresponding elimination final both on the Saturday.
I think we might get the Friday or Saturday night personally. I think we'll be given a longer break after playing the last game of the last round on a Monday night.

I think we might get the Friday or Saturday night personally. I think we'll be given a longer break after playing the last game of the last round on a Monday night.

I think the friday night won't be in play simply because it would be absurd that the lower ranking winner of the elimination final would have an extra day's rest for the semi given that they would play on the Thursday night.

A 10 day break between the Collingwood game and our qualifying final is more than enough to freshen up and be ready for finals footy.

Assuming West Coast finish 5th, it'll be:

Thursday night - 5th v 8th EF
Friday night - 1st v 4th QF
Saturday arvo/twilight - 6th v 7th EF
Saturday night - 2nd v 3rd QF

So if we beat Collingwood we'll play Friday night, lose and we'll play Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming West Coast finish 5th, it'll be:

Thursday night - 5th v 8th EF
Friday night - 1st v 4th QF
Saturday arvo/twilight - 6th v 7th EF
Saturday night - 2nd v 3rd QF

So if we beat Collingwood we'll play Friday night, lose and we'll play Saturday night.
dare i say it if we lose will our final the week after be sat night too?

West Coast will be permitted to host an elimination final in Perth while Victorian clubs will be allowed to nominate a preferred stadium for their home finals.

The AFL confirmed its finals fixturing policy on Tuesday afternoon, with the finals series to begin on Thursday October 1, as reported by Foxfooty.com.au yesterday.

The Eagles, who are expected to finish fifth if results go as expected in Round 18 but could still make the top four, would be allowed to host a final in Week 1 - but only then, due to Western Australia’s quarantine policy

West Coast will be permitted to host an elimination final in Perth while Victorian clubs will be allowed to nominate a preferred stadium for their home finals.

The AFL confirmed its finals fixturing policy on Tuesday afternoon, with the finals series to begin on Thursday October 1, as reported by Foxfooty.com.au yesterday.

The Eagles, who are expected to finish fifth if results go as expected in Round 18 but could still make the top four, would be allowed to host a final in Week 1 - but only then, due to Western Australia’s quarantine policy

i will be super interested in a scenario where Rich or Geelong are drawn to play a home final v Bris. Surely they nominate Adelaide? Could maybe mean two prelims here.....

i will be super interested in a scenario where Rich or Geelong are drawn to play a home final v Bris. Surely they nominate Adelaide? Could maybe mean two prelims here.....

I reckon I'd go as a neutral too. As long as we were still in it.

Just thinking there is a lot of whinging going on about fairness in this year’s draw. Cough cough ‘Collingwood’.

Anyway, I’d like to know whether the AFL uses some sort of algorithm to measure fairness? Both before the season, or after the minor round?

This year would be the simplest with 17 games, but there is still contributing factors - like travel days, hubs, playing top or bottom teams at home or away, breaks, etc.

Surely the AFL would have some kind of measure, or Generator. Otherwise they would have no evidence/argument against Channel 7/fox. Lol.

Anyway, often the articles of the draw come out based on last seasons ladder positions, but at the end of the minor round would be the best time to analyse it, after you actually know where teams finish.

Any chance of us tanking (depending on if Brisbane win) to 'choose' who we play week 1 of the finals? Most likely sceanrios - Win we play Geelong, Lose we play Richmond
It is most likely we get the Cats (if we beat Coll) and Rich (if we lose).

Then, if Rich lose and Geelong win and we beat coll - we could get West Coast.

Does anyone see Tigers or Cats being upset this week? I reckon crows are a sneaky if i am honest.

It is most likely we get the Cats (if we beat Coll) and Rich (if we lose).

Then, if Rich lose and Geelong win and we beat coll - we could get West Coast.

Does anyone see Tigers or Cats being upset this week? I reckon crows are a sneaky if i am honest.
Tbh its a dangerous game flirting with "form" (I don't think we have been playing overly good to start with). But I'd rather lose and play Richmond here to be honest, Geelong just seem to have every answer when we play.

I don't see Lions, Tigers or Cats losing this round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back