2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm guessing we go to GC from Perth, before hubbing in Cairns. But why North don't have to go up to Cairns is beyond me. AFL stupidity at it's finest.

If it were up to me, I would forfeit the Richmond game.

Quietly confident, though. We finish strongly in WA, go into a hub with youngsters. Set up well.
Cant wait for a few more debuts. That’s the silver lining for a difficult 2020. Valente, Henry, Meek could get a chabve, Hogan to come back, McCarthy is not far off.

From the main board, I'm going to just assume this is accurate because * fact checking

For the full 2020 AFL season. For example, Adelaide have altogether 7 days less rest than their opponents over the year while Brisbane have 4 days more rest than their opponents over the year.

Days break differential:
Adelaide -9
Brisbane +4
Carlton +6
Collingwood -3
Essendon -1
Fremantle -12
Geelong +5
Gold Coast -1
Greater Western Sydney -7
Hawthorn -10
Melbourne +1
North Melbourne -8
Port Adelaide +11
Richmond +14
St Kilda +2
Sydney +5
West Coast -8
Western Bulldogs +11

Last edited:
From the main board, I'm going to just assume this is accurate because fu** fact checking

For the full 2020 AFL season. For example, Adelaide have altogether 7 days less rest than their opponents over the year while Brisbane have 4 days more rest than their opponents over the year.

Days break differential:
Adelaide -7
Brisbane +4
Carlton +6
Collingwood -1
Essendon -1
Fremantle -13
Geelong +3
Gold Coast 0
Greater Western Sydney -5
Hawthorn -11
Melbourne +1
North Melbourne -6
Port Adelaide +9
Richmond +12
St Kilda 0
Sydney +7
West Coast -10
Western Bulldogs +12
Hehe, I did a search and bumped into your post. :) From Round 3 onwards, Round 1 and 2 obviously don't count because of the extended breaks.

We'll struggle to beat Carlton tomorrow mate.

Young teams don't win 3 in a row often.
Last week our average age was 25.

Cerra, Frederick, Serong, Darcy and Brayshaw may struggle but the rest are either mature age or playing a minor role.

If we play Fyfe more in the midfield and Walters replaces Colyer who can play midfield minutes.

That might reduce the drop off.

Last edited:
Last year our average age was 25.

Cerra, Frederick, Serong, Darcy and Brayshaw may struggle but the rest are either mature age or playing a minor role.

If we play Fyfe more in the midfield and Walters replaces Colyer who can play midfield minutes.

That might reduce the drop off.
Pretty sure our average age today is exactly 25 again.

Edit: Yep, Carlton 7 months and 20 games our senior.

According to my reckoning we have a 3 day break after playing GWS 0n 29/8 then flying to Qld before facing Richmond on 2/9. It's bad enough flying to Qld without having to play a match after on a 3 day break.

really should have given us a thursday/Friday timeslot for the GWS game (as a fox only game of course, can’t be having 2 non Vic sides on FTA), that 4 day break could have been so easily avoided. if we hub in Cairns just to play one ******* game there...

also lol @ Richmond having back to back games at Metricon against WA sides off a 4 day break.
And AFL could have got Richmond here after playing Melbourne in Darwin (need same special exemption given by NT to play first game in WA). Richmond play both Dockers and WC, then Dockers go to Cairns for two games WC go to GC for three.

Then finals teams (plus Brownlow invitees) fly to WA with a pre-finals bye with the Brownlow held in quarantine. Finals start the following week after 14 days.

If they want the GF to be played in Queensland then go there after the finals with no quarantine needed after WA for Queensland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more worried about the 5 vs 6 day break.
Always a chance I suppose.
According to my reckoning we have a 3 day break after playing GWS 0n 29/8 then flying to Qld before facing Richmond on 2/9. It's bad enough flying to Qld without having to play a match after on a 3 day break.
Good news, August has 31 days!

I like the fixture for our group the only change would be a bigger break before the Richmond game.
The club seems to have a positive vibe even through adversity.
If we beat Carlton I’ll be wrapped with the year.
Seeing the young talent in the team has given me the most joy ever for a non finals freo team.
I can’t wait to see Henry and valente and long for the returns of Sturt and young on top of the players on the park!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back