2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're only issue with Launceston is the stadium.... Not the travel, not the weather, not the fact that barely any of the big Vic sides every have to go there.

I haven't been there, what's wrong with the stadium?
It all equalises out when Launceston have to travel to WA though. Why don't posters get this? :huh:

We won't beat the Bombers in melb's, they touched us up easily at Optus.
Hawks hopefully, but we could easily be 0 - 2 at the start!

We get to play a lot of the good teams at home and the double ups aren't as bad as they could have been. Its a good draw.
I was not really talking about the draw itself, but about the process of comparing it.

The good or bad of it in terms of who is the direct opponent can shift in season and even week to week sometimes. The more stable issues are more like in the number of 6-day breaks, how the bye week is scheduled and the wheres and whens etc.

I saw a couple of comments about our poor record in Adelaide, and think the club should address this by developing a specific strategy to establish it as an away fortress. I understand Cockburn can be configured to the dimensions of the ground, and expect they already do this (training watchers, have you actually noticed them using this function during the year?). Maybe we can work some game plan variations and selections specific to there, which could create an element of surprise for us.

This should be our easiest interstate trip due to the shorter flight, and away wins are critical for us, and with both SA teams looking vulnerable we could have an opportunity here.

Sean Darcy was our key forward that game, bombers get beaten by the contest - we did well at the stoppages but our contested marking forward was non-existent so they smashed us how you beat a team that presses like we do, by running the ball 10m and kicking over the top.

If we had a contested target up forward or two it would be a different result.

Hogan and Tabs will be massive against them

I was not really talking about the draw itself, but about the process of comparing it.

The good or bad of it in terms of who is the direct opponent can shift in season and even week to week sometimes. The more stable issues are more like in the number of 6-day breaks, how the bye week is scheduled and the wheres and whens etc.

I get where you are coming from but I strongly disagree when it comes to discussing things on a football forum. Factors can shift week to week but that doesn't mean I can't sit here right now and say it's great we have GC twice for only the second time ever.

Why should we be losing to the Hawks at home?

They'll be almost 3 years older than us and probably more than double the games of experience.
Their last game was here, where they smashed WC playing for a top 4 position.
They'll have Mitchell back.
We'll be two games into a new game plan.

I get where you are coming from but I strongly disagree when it comes to discussing things on a football forum. Factors can shift week to week but that doesn't mean I can't sit here right now and say it's great we have GC twice for only the second time ever.
I never said you can't discuss it or that you can't say this or that. My comments were about the merits of comparing draws on a fairly non-specific level. Saying "it's great we have GC twice for only the second time ever" addresses the draw in a specific way, which is a very sound way of discussing it. If somebody wants to say "greatest draw in our history" and crack the single malt, they're more than welcome to go for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The treatment that the Len Hall game has been given recently shits me to tears. 2 years in a row now it could have been played on ANZAC day, but no. And it’s a far greater tradition by some margin compared to the Anzac Day eve game which gets fapped over

That was the other thing that really irked me. We got zero primetime and zero respect. Vic supporters on SEN were ringing in to complain about having less Friday nights than others or a bit of travel. But every other team got something, even the s**t ones. What did Melbourne do to earn more Friday nights this year?

Let's hope our Rd 22 game is a ball burster. All being well it will decide which team get's a home final.

Early predictions for our record in my opinion

1.Essendon - W
2. Hawthorn - L
3. Melbourne- W
4. Gold Coast- W
5. North- L
6. Geelong- L
7. West Coast- W
8. Adelaide- L
9. Bulldogs- W
10. St Kilda- W
11. Brisbane- W
12. Sydney- W
14. Carlton- W
15. Port- L
16. Melbourne- W
17. Bulldogs- L
18. West Coast- L
19. Collingwood- L
20. Gold Coast- W
21. St Kilda- W
22. GWS- L
23. Richmond- L

12-10. We're beating West Coast at least once this season.

Im with ya Dale, we've lost a massive playmaker, and picked up some good talent.
But losing Neale and BHill hurts hard, and I hope that McCarthy, Dixon, Cox, Banfield, Blakely etc realise they need to work hell harder

hate it
always freezes for me
I have a smart tv (a cheapie) & it didn't work on it.
chromecast doesn't work on my phone as it's too old.
play it through my son's x-box
support from them was terrible as well.
i know, I'm a cheapskate, but why should I upgrade my iPhone 5 if it works perfectly except for this.
sometimes I go down to the pub to watch, but that gets expensive.
so I give Kayo a 2/10, but i still get it because i need my footy.
Ive got it on apple tv, then put it through a modulator

Beat them in every department except the scoreboard that night. That was because we had no forward line targets & the ball rebounded out of our forward 50 so easily.

Tried to over use the ball because of no tall targets & kept turning the ball over. Minor adjustments & a couple of tall forwards & we touch them up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back