News 2020 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Convinced salt in Perth is contaminated.
Seriously lost the plot.
WA premier is actually doing the rest of Australia a favour by keeping the borders closed.
No one can leave.

WA premier is actually doing the rest of Australia a favour by keeping the borders closed.
No one can leave.

Actually fear for our boys.
West Covid Eagles should be playing in body suits.

Is the 16 minute quarter thing really happening?

Yes 16 min quarters, it was only meant to happen if there were large hub type scenarios and where they had to get as many games in a few weeks type thing as possible , so as that’s now not happening they should play ******* normal timed quarters .

Yes 16 min quarters, it was only meant to happen if there were large hub type scenarios and where they had to get as many games in a few weeks type thing as possible , so as that’s now not happening they should play ******* normal timed quarters .

so frustrating not a fan of AFL decision makers at all on this one what an unnecessary thing to change, whyyyyyyyy

No one can leave.
Absolutely, doing time in WA - good luck with that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasnt the rd 1 game 16 min qtrs?

Yeah they only did it coz they thought the season might get stopped 1/4 or 1/2 way through then they would haveto play back to back games every day for a weeks etc in hubs to make up , so there’s no hubs for the whole Comp now so they should play normal time .

Yeah they only did it coz they thought the season might get stopped 1/4 or 1/2 way through then they would haveto play back to back games every day for a weeks etc in hubs to make up , so there’s no hubs for the whole Comp now so they should play normal time .
gonna get an extra flag out of it

IMHO they did it in the eternal mission to make AFLX popular. The AFL seem to desperately want to create a non-touch version of the game focused on high scoring. Somehow making games shorter will allow them to be faster and so higher scoring ... or something like that. Stupid Muppets don't seem to realise that the coaches and players will juts work to win, rather than follow some stupid AFL dreamscape. Shorter quarters allow players to go harder. SO possibly this iwll lead to more congestion and defensive effort, cause you don't have to have as much endurance to keep the effort up. Leave the game alone and use the interpretations that worked for decades. Yearly changes are the mark of incompetent idiots who think they are smarter than everyone else. Surely by now they should have realised that none of the changes they make work how they intend. F'n overpaid loser twats, just look at the game through it's history and pick what makes it simple and sensible. Crush the king hits and other 'tough' sniping that used to happen. Reward the guy making the play. And let the game evolve naturally. Periods of low scoring eventually go away as attacking strategies are developed that work.

I could rant all day on this. Got to supposedly do some work. Grrrrr

Last edited:
Know where you are coming from Dr...... I think every person in that crazy role that Hocking presides over should do a year long Masters Degree in the history of the AFL (the game) before they are even qualified to be in the position. History teaches us a lot. Like you I'm not suggesting incremental improvements aren't possible, but they should be so well researched that the outcome is all but certain.

State the problem. State the purpose of the change. State the change and clearly define the outcomes expected and by when. Regularly review the change against the purpose and the defined outcomes and the time line. Make it all public! A handful of people have too much influence. Sadly, when some people are in a position to effect change, unless change is being effected they may feel redundant. It is just as useful to re-affirm what we have as valid and time worthy as any change that might be made.

I'm still of the view that unlimited interchange has affected the game negatively. It's a pendulum thing. Interchange is definitely better than the 19th and 20th man system. Pulling it back to 'stop of play' for Goals or Injury would be a cleaner and a self limiting solution for mine. We have to re-introduce attrition somehow, because it has been vastly lost from the game.

Last edited:
My guess is that we lose the Collingwood game and win the other 3 games looking at that fixture. The West Coast one is a bit of an unknown one due to the strange circumstances. 4-1 would be a great result for the first 5 rounds

I'm happy to come out of these 4 weeks 3-1. Obviously Collingwood and Eagles are the tougher games, I'd say we probably lose one of those. Should account for the Hawks and the Saints. It's an unknown how teams will perform coming out of isolation so we might be a little off, but I'd still think we'll come out with a few wins.

Absolute worst case we come out of it 2-2, not ideal but could happen, WCE and the Pies are quality sides and if we are off we could drop both. But I'll stay positive and say 3-1 is the aim, anything better will be brilliant.

“Those constraints have been removed and so you might find that you’ll see teams like Essendon and Collingwood play down at GMHBA.

“You may even see - if we’re able to get some games away in Tasmania - that those sort of teams will travel to Tasmania, which we haven’t seen for some time, too.”

Oh just say Richmond against North Melbourne in Hobart already. Oh wait,

Both the Kangaroos and Hawks have stated their intentions to play games this season in Tasmania.

Richmond’s Tassie-born star Jack Riewoldt remains hopeful the Tigers will get sent to the state.

"Hopefully the Tiges can get down there and play again one day on Bellerive Oval.”

Get prepared. They say Collingwood and Essendon, but I will be surprised if Richmond do not play North Melbourne there. It was first year in a while that we were actually fixtured to play them at the MCG too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back