North would play us at marvel or Tasmania if it’s their home game.Go easy on me but I had some spare time and thought I'd give it a crack. It is a prediction thread after all.
Round 1 Sunday March 27, North Melbourne v Melbourne @MCG A
Round 2 Saturday April 3, Melbourne v Hawthorn @MCG H
Round 3 Sunday April 12, Fremantle v Melbourne @ Perth Stadium A
Round 4 Saturday April 18, Geelong v Melbourne @ Kardinia A
Round 5 Friday April 24, Melbourne v Richmond @MCG H
Round 6 Saturday May 2, Adelaide v Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval A
Round 7 Sunday May 10, Melbourne v Gold Coast @MCG H
Round 8 Sunday May 17, Melbourne v St Kilda @MCG H
Round 9 Saturday May 23, Essendon v Melbourne @ Docklands A
Round 10 Saturday May 30, Port Adelaide v Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval A
Round 11 Monday June 8, Melbourne v Collingwood @MCG H
Round 12 --Bye--
Round 13 Thursday June 18, Carlton v Melbourne @MCG A
Round 14 Saturday June 27, Melbourne v West Coast @MCG H
Round 15 Saturday July 4, Western Bulldogs v Melbourne @ Docklands A
Round 16 Sunday July 12, Melbourne v Brisbane @MCG H
Round 17 Saturday July 18, Saturday Richmond v Melbourne @MCG A
Round 18 Saturday July 25, Melbourne v Port Adelaide @ Traeger Park H
Round 19 Sunday August 2, Melbourne v Fremantle @MCG H
Round 20 Saturday August 8, Gold Coast v Melbourne @Carrara A
Round 21: Saturday August 15, Melbourne v Sydney @MCG H
Round 22: Saturday August 22, GWS v Melbourne @Manuka A
Round 23: Floating Fixture, Melbourne v Carlton, @MCG H
Teams Playing Twice: Richmond, Port Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast
Trips Interstate: 6 interstate + 1 in Geelong
Games by Venue: MCG 13, Adelaide Oval 2, Docklands 2, Perth Stadium 1, Carrara Stadium 1, Kardinia Park 1, Traeger Park 1, Manuka 1
Rationale behind choices:
- We've hosted Round 1 for 4 of the last 5 years so we are probably due to be the away team
- An away trip to Geelong coz AFL
- Assuming the season starts on March 24, the Round 5 fixture and Round 11 fixtures are a lock
- Two games against Carlton coz the AFL will try sell it as two Vic teams on the rebound, two games against Fremantle coz we are due,
- No home games against Essendon coz we are already hosting Collingwood and Richmond, plus also AFL
- Predicting 6 or 7 Sunday games, and the Richmond match to be our only Friday night game as host
- Round 4 to be on a Saturday because Round 5 will be on a Friday
- Round 7 is Mothers Day, where it is AFL tradition to absolutely shaft the smaller-supported clubs, so lock us in for a Sunday game against the Suns or Giants
- We stunk it up badly for TV ratings last season and will be punished with very few marquee games outside the existing arrangements
please we are Melbourne supporters not Collingwood onesDrive to Avalon, catch a flight to Tullamarine. Will be just as satisfying for you.
You have to go way back to Fremantle in 1998 to find the last time we played Round 1 outside of Victoria. For the record we lost by 23 points and Clive Waterhouse kicked 5 goalsI hope we play interstate round 1. Always a fan of getting a plane trip out of the way early.
Yeah great Indigenous culture at Adelaide that basically every single 1 on the list has wanted out since the camp. WTF happened was it some KKK bullshit. Bizarre reallyAdelaide will travel to Alice Springs on Sunday, May 17 to face Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park.
The Round Nine clash is the first match confirmed in Adelaide’s 2020 home and away fixture and will mark the fourth year in a row the Crows venture north of the border.
The game will feature a celebration of Indigenous culture and contribution to the game of Australian Football with first bounce at 2.50pm ACST.
The complete 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season fixture is expected to be announced later this week.
Melbourne v Adelaide
Sunday, May 17
TIO Traeger Park, Alice Springs