PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
******* great. We match up pretty well against the Weegs - looked competitive even this last season when we were otherwise shite. Throw in general round one unpredictable results plus the shit teams having a bit of preseason head start on finals teams. Sure. I’m chalking up a win right now.
Sunday arvo 🌈

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sunday arvo 🌈
Perfect. I’ll cook a lasagne if it is unseasonably cold that day, or some seafoody thing if it isn’t. I’ll watch the match drinking beers. I’ll drink more after to celebrate our win. I’ll book the following day as recovery leave right away (always looks sus in footy season to phone in with a ‘virus’ on a Monday morning)

Hotdees

All Australian
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Happy with this. Gets the Perth trip out of the way and we won’t be expected to win. If we do win it could set up our season

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Adelaide will travel to Alice Springs on Sunday, May 17 to face Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park.

The Round Nine clash is the first match confirmed in Adelaide’s 2020 home and away fixture and will mark the fourth year in a row the Crows venture north of the border.

The game will feature a celebration of Indigenous culture and contribution to the game of Australian Football with first bounce at 2.50pm ACST.

The complete 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season fixture is expected to be announced later this week.

Melbourne v Adelaide
Sunday, May 17
Round Nine
2.50pm ACST
TIO Traeger Park, Alice Springs

I continue to find this bizarre and unfair. It's basically a Crows home game. Surely the last 2 teams we'd want to play there are the Adelaide teams. I'd rather play another Melb team like Bulldogs or Saints where we'd have more of an advantage..

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I continue to find this bizarre and unfair. It's basically a Crows home game. Surely the last 2 teams we'd want to play there are the Adelaide teams. I'd rather play another Melb team like Bulldogs or Saints where we'd have more of an advantage..
And I’m sure the melbourne teams are falling over themselves requesting that fixture.

MFC doesn’t dictate the fixture. AFL does. Also I don’t mind it that much. Last time we played Adelaide in Alice we embarrassed them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
There'd be about 6 people at the ground if we played the Saints there. No chance of happening.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Short of playing a big Victorian club at the 'G this is more or less the best possible R1 fixture possible. More compelling than playing at Etihad or an interstate club at the MCG, and WCE are a serious opponent with solid recent success who we match up on. Statement game if we win but won't be doom and gloom if we lose (unless we get thrashed, which based on our 2019 formline is actually pretty unlikely).

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
• 13 x MCG
• 6 x Interstate (2 x Perth)
• 3 x Friday Night
• 0 x Thursday Night
• 0 x Saturday Night
• 10 x Sunday
• Travel to Geelong Again

Pretty shit fixture time wise to be honest

Cobwebs

Senior List
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
• 13 x MCG
• 3 x Friday Night
• 0 x Thursday Night
• 0 x Saturday Night
• 10 x Sunday

Pretty good if you go off 2019 form though.

Last edited:

harry000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New England Patriots
• 13 x MCG
• 3 x Friday Night
• 0 x Thursday Night
• 0 x Saturday Night
• 10 x Sunday

Only one night home game sucks. Hopefully the Friday night against the Hawks is the replacement game.

Top Bottom