Analysis 2020 Fixutre Analysis- Thumbs up or Thumbs down

My mrs wants to take the kids to Qland in April-May.

Looks like we will be going to the Gold Coast on April 18
See you there. I was just planning a trip too.

Indeed, would've preferred that game to be at Marvel. We've only got the one game at Marvel next year against the Saints. In saying that, I'm pretty happy with the fixture overall tbh.
Any lack of marvel games, is due to our supporters. From and AFL perspective we have a poor attendance rate there even for away games.

Any lack of marvel games, is due to our supporters. From and AFL perspective we have a poor attendance rate there even for away games.

And just as we started playing well there!

10 Sundays can GAGF from trying to get to Melb. No NSW/ACT game can get ****ed too.

Apart from that pure selfish angle I like it

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's great from a 'strength of schedule' perspective and we also get some nice prime time opportunities. The home games for QB and ANZAC are great for the bottom line too, especially if we start the season okay.

We also have great turnaround times. No 5 day breaks or anything like that, most are at least 7 days.

The Sundays suck but we deserve it after 2019.

It's great from a 'strength of schedule' perspective and we also get some nice prime time opportunities. The home games for QB and ANZAC are great for the bottom line too, especially if we start the season okay.

We also have great turnaround times. No 5 day breaks or anything like that, most are at least 7 days.

Round 11 v Hawthorn is a 5 day break

We also have 5 x 6 day breaks which all involve interstate travel

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is 7 interstate games:

Perth x 2
Qld x 2
Adelaide
NT
Tas

Plus trip to Geelong. Doubt any other Vic teams will travel that much.

Tassie x 5
Gabba
SCG
AO
WA x 1 (WCE)

Plus a trip to Geelong

Tassie x 5
Gabba
SCG
AO
WA x 1 (WCE)

Plus a trip to Geelong

You're basically a Tassie team.

Thos 5 x tas games are massive home field advantage.

Five days before the Hawthorn Friday night game.

Tassie x 5
Gabba
SCG
AO
WA x 1 (WCE)

Plus a trip to Geelong

Plus if you look at distance travelled from Melbourne North travel 8,450 kms one way and Melbourne travel 11,305 kms one way

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I know making the MCG a fortress is nigh on impossible (except if you're current day Richmond squad with 100,000 members) but we at least need to have a brand that holds up well there. Even in the 'glory' days of 2017 and 2018 we'd be studs at Marvel and anywhere on the road then play like pox in our home games. To be fair the likes of Tomlinson and Langdon were recruited for this purpose and we still have the Wagners.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
It really is worth a scroll through all the other club boards just to see how they have reacted to the draw. Especially our Friday night games. Crows and Bloos gave me good chuckles.

10 Sundays can GAGF from trying to get to Melb. No NSW/ACT game can get f’ed too.

Apart from that pure selfish angle I like it
Pure selfish me likes the Sunday games, as it doesn't clash with local footy on a saturday afternoon

Time to do what i always do and compare against are contemporaries

Sydney 15th
• 10x SCG
• 10x Interstate
• 2x Friday Night
• 1x Thursday Night
• 6x Saturday Night

• 6x Sunday
• NSW x 11

Carlton 16th
• 7x MCG (Not an MCG tenant)
• 5x Interstate (Sydney, x2 Adelaide, WA, QLD)
• 0x Friday Night
2x Thursday Night (1 by Default)
3x Saturday Night
• 9x Sunday
• Vic x 17

Melbourne 17th
• 13x MCG
• 6x Interstate
• 3x Friday Night (1 by default)
• 0x Thursday Night
• 0x Saturday Night
• 10x Sunday
• Vic x 15

Gold Coast 18th
• 10x Metricon (-1 Darwin)
• 10x Interstate
• 0x Friday Night
• 0x Thursday Night
• 4x Saturday Night
• 7x Sunday
• QLD x 11

Having a look at it, it honestly looks like we got any games Carlton could have got on a Friday in a trade for Saturday night games

Can't be assed to looked up the FTA

The other angle on the Sats is I think interstate sides are more likely to get one as 7 will aim to put that game into the market.

Time to do what i always do and compare against are contemporaries

Sydney 15th
• 10x SCG
• 10x Interstate
• 2x Friday Night
• 1x Thursday Night
• 6x Saturday Night

• 6x Sunday
• NSW x 11

Carlton 16th
• 7x MCG (Not an MCG tenant)
• 5x Interstate (Sydney, x2 Adelaide, WA, QLD)
• 0x Friday Night
2x Thursday Night (1 by Default)
3x Saturday Night
• 9x Sunday
• Vic x 17

Melbourne 17th
• 13x MCG
• 6x Interstate
• 3x Friday Night (1 by default)
• 0x Thursday Night
• 0x Saturday Night
• 10x Sunday
• Vic x 15

Gold Coast 18th
• 10x Metricon (-1 Darwin)
• 10x Interstate
• 0x Friday Night
• 0x Thursday Night
• 4x Saturday Night
• 7x Sunday
• QLD x 11

Having a look at it, it honestly looks like we got any games Carlton could have got on a Friday in a trade for Saturday night games

Can't be assed to looked up the FTA

Sydney looked after with the timeslots!

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
The AFL stuffed up the round 1 fixture IMO. There’s no better club to capitalise on pre-season optimism than the MFC, so naturally they should have us play an interstate team at the G and milk it for as much as they can. If WCE win comfortably in Tim Kelly’s big debut then it’s easy to see why a lot won’t show up for the home game in round 2. Which is also against the side with the lowest supporter base in the competition.

Good to see there’s a local game against Port, that’s a loss I’d like to see avenged.

Would have liked 2 games against Brisbane especially one at the G but realise it’s a tall ask with how rarely they play over here. Happy to be playing the easybeats twice though.

Back