2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t look at Rosberg without thinking of him hanging out just with his dad like a rich loser, both not drinking like in those lame Heineken ads

Seriously, I can only presume he reviewed it before airing - who would allow that to go to air!

Albon is a broken shell of a driver and quite frankly sounded like a bit of a dick with his interview too.

Swap with Gasly or even Kyvat. At least Kyvat has a don’t give a * attitude and won’t slump in confidence. Even sack him and put Hulkenberg in.

Albon is a broken shell of a driver and quite frankly sounded like a bit of a dick with his interview too.

Swap with Gasly or even Kyvat. At least Kyvat has a don’t give a fu** attitude and won’t slump in confidence. Even sack him and put Hulkenberg in.

I wonder if Perez would be an option for Red Bull? He's consistent, good with tyre management, and brings experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams also have a Merc engine.
No guarantees that McLaren join the fight next year. They have dropped away a fair bit in recent races to a car with the same engine.
Have they or has Danny lifted ??

I reckon RB have to get clear on how they run the team, why Gasly and Albon were underperforming and why Ricciardo left, before they make a decision with what to do with the second car.

Agree.
Playing musical chairs with seat no.2 till they find a worthy advisory for Verstappen has not been a good approach.

It's a tough seat to fill for any inexperienced driver. Driving along side essentially the prodigy of the sport is a huge task.

I think the team needs to look internally more-so than outright blame Albon for underperforming. The expectation is huge, the support is seemingly minimal. Gasly and now Albon both broke under the mounting pressure.

Perhaps the car is built differently ie for Verstappen's driving style. Whereas in the Alpha Tauri they probably get a bit more customization for their personnel driving style. I don't know, just theorizing.

I think RB have backed themselves into a corner now in that they can't possibly swap out again for Gasly or Kyvatt. They'd look like clowns (if they didn't already).

If the seat changes again it has to be for Hulkenberg or Perez in my opinion. 2021 is a bit of a nothing year in that nothing at all will change. Merc will be 1,2 every race. Verstappen will be 3rd.

The only change that may add an extra dynamic will be if RB have two drivers who can contend out front.

At least it gives them an extra layer of strategy to play with. eg. keep a car out there to play a blocking role on the mercs after they pit, and attempt the undercut with Verstappen.

With that in mind Perez is the man they should be targeting. He can extract a lot out of each set of tyre and might be one of few who could outlast the merc drivers before needing to pit?

People mention Hulkenberg and Perez but wouldn't it be an embarrassing admission of defeat if RB and Helmut Marko hire someone from outside the RB stable?

I don't think it's as a bad a PR move as some are suggesting to readmit Gasly or Kyvat to the A team while they try other possible contenders in the B team.

People mention Hulkenberg and Perez but wouldn't it be an embarrassing admission of defeat if RB and Helmut Marko hire someone from outside the RB stable?

I don't think it's as a bad a PR move as some are suggesting to readmit Gasly or Kyvat to the A team while they try other possible contenders in the B team.

I agree with this. Perez or Hulk should be the ones to get the sit, bit here great options. But it’s not the way RBR do things.

Keeping someone or putting someone in that Redbull seat who is not up to it would be worse PR. The lack of a consistent number 2 is killing them. You know what you will get with a Perez or Hulkenberg but are they too boring?

I think Gasly has earned another opportunity but I can't blame them for being gun shy on him too however he was promoted earlier than he should have been due to Daniel leaving and he seems to have developed into a more confident driver now. He has completed 50 GP's, his time should be now.

I don't think Gasly is a poor PR move, if anything it's the opposite. It's a good story of hard-work, maturity, and redemption. And he has earned another shot given his results this season.

If that happened and Gasly tanked again at Redbull it would be an unmitigated disaster.

They've held Albon so long and given him this year to try and avoid that PR nightmare of having to change drivers again.

But looks like the decision will need to be made at one way or the other. Albon is quickly running out of races and it looks like the added pressure from each poor result has defeated him.

I'm not sure who'll be in that seat in 2021 but we can probably all agree it's unlikely to be Albon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back