2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

They could switch drivers with Williams. It makes sense to get Russell in. Bottas future is dead, give him some experience with Hamilton and then see where he goes.

Similarly it makes a lot of sense for Williams.

2021-> 2022 is a big transition to the new cars. Every team will ideally want their driver lineup set in 2021 and go in unchanged into 2022. That way drivers can assist with the build and development of the car.

Bottas' future at Mercedes is over after 2021.
Russell's future at Williams is over after 2021.

Seems like a win-win to swap drivers now.

Williams will likely also get a bit of a bonus for allowing Russell to leave. Plus Bottas himself brings sponsers if I'm not mistaken. Not to mention the knowledge/experience of being with Mercedes for multiple years.

Bottas is the only real loser out of this, but honestly its probably a positive for him. His future beyond 2021 is uncertain at best. Swapping now to Williams could provide him with a 2-3 year contract and prolong his career. He'll only have 1x year of crap guaranteed with Williams, then anything is a possibility for 2022.

Also, the latest update from Mazepin watch. Wonder if Haas are kicking themselves with all the bad PR this guy is already lumping on them? I suppose end of the day...money talks....

I'm not always a big proponent of cancel culture, but * Mazepin
I hope he loses the seat and we get Hulkenberg/Perez/Albon at Haas alongside Schumacher.

Pretty interesting video:

Bloke has a twitter as well with a heap of other similar videos on there

I’m confused.
It looks like a Merc.
They talk about the DAS system, which is exclusive to the Merc.
But I didn’t hear....
”The safety car is going to slow”.
”tell the safety car to speed up”.
I’m totally confused.

I'm not always a big proponent of cancel culture, but fu** Mazepin
I hope he loses the seat and we get Hulkenberg/Perez/Albon at Haas alongside Schumacher.

He is a pay driver and Haas are nearly broke already. They did mention something about managing his poor disciplinary record after his antics last week in the race. Their problem has been compounded by this, but I don't think they can afford to drop him and pay someone else a wage to drive.

Yes, Perez underperformed in a good car, as Albon has.

Albon doesn't have the body of work that Perez did before that.

He was mostly mediocre in junior series (he did have one decent year in F2) so much so RBR actually dropped him at one point early in his career, later taking him back because anyone was better than Brendon Hartley.

The same with his promotion to the senior team, Gasly was underperforming, RB panicked and looked at TR and thought "ah crap, we have Kyvat who would make us look more idiotic putting him back at RB after dropping him, and Albon. Alex is Thai and has had a couple of decent showings, he'll do".

It would be great if he bounces back like Perez has. But ultimately like Perez seven years ago, he doesn't deserve to keep his seat in a top team.

And just like that, Formula 1 became boring again :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

I look forward to his heroic victory overcoming all the odds on Sunday.

"Get in there Lewis!"

"phwoah that was hard guys. tough race. thankyou guys for all your work".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to his heroic victory overcoming all the odds on Sunday.

"Get in there Lewis!"

"phwoah that was hard guys. tough race. thankyou guys for all your work".

10 laps in on a new set of tyres: "Bono, my tyres are gone man"

*proceeds to set FL after completing another 35 laps on the same set*

I was just watching the highlights from the last race of 2007 for the 4-way battle for the world championship.

Lewis in his debut season, complaining about his tyres and wanting to pit. Some things never change.

I was just watching the highlights from the last race of 2007 for the 4-way battle for the world championship.

Lewis in his debut season, complaining about his tyres and wanting to pit. Some things never change.

I think China 2007 must still haunt him....

EDIT: Yep, just found this article, appears it still does (though tbf, cant blame him on that one haha)

Last edited:

The one time this year he didn't say his tires were gone, was actually when a tire was gone. I appreciate the irony in that - that last lap in Silverstone the radio was just steady and calm communication about the rapidly closing gap to Verstappen.

The one time this year he didn't say his tires were gone, was actually when a tire was gone. I appreciate the irony in that - that last lap in Silverstone the radio was just steady and calm communication about the rapidly closing gap to Verstappen.

Probably don't have the luxury to complain about tyres when your tyres are actually gone.

HAMs entrance to the paddock this morning......hahaha I'm sorry...but lol

View attachment 1026858

He just had COVID, this outfit will ensure social distancing is maintained.

If I was as rich as Lewis Hamilton though I'd certainly dress however the f*** I wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back