2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Scarbs has put together a good article on the 2020/21 rule changes and they can be read here:

The section on the floor changes for 2021 is very interesting and will have a pretty dramatic effect on car performance and look. Given the reductions in aero testing for the top teams in 2021 I would expect Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull will be extensively testing the 2021 floor changes, and the resultant changes to the front of the car to mitigate the changes at the rear, during 2020 before the aero restrictions kick in.

Bit of a misleading byline, but a little more insight into the VET/Ferrari breakup

interesting. think it was seb likes being the superstar and wasn't happy seeing leclerc taking the limelight and all that goes with it.

Rather interesting video on why ALO steering technique at Renault always looked like he was applying full lock on the car early during corners etc

Rather interesting video on why ALO steering technique at Renault always looked like he was applying full lock on the car early during corners etc

Cheers. I remember after 05, Brundle wrote about Alonso's driving style. Confused at how Alonso made it work in a season without tyre stops. Whatever the case, it was Alonso's way of getting the best out of the car while Fisichella's more smooth style just left him further back.

Well done Lewis.
No matter your views on the man, it’s not a bad thing to use your profile to support change.

I wonder where he sees the line because Mercedes don't exactly have a clean history in this area.

I wonder where he sees the line because Mercedes don't exactly have a clean history in this area.

Very true.
But as far as the Nazis go, it was support them or get put against the wall. Not the best of excuses, but if it was “design a better weapon, then use slave labour to build it”, or take a bullet to the chest, I know what I’d do. This is the 21st century, what is happening now, across the globe, is long overdue.

Its a broadly admirable stand to take if you are only talking about statues like the one in Bristol that was thrown in the river (basically just a guy who got rich off slavery and paid for a bunch of stuff in Bristol in the 17th century).

I hope for his sake though that he's put more thought into his position than what he posted on instagram though, because he has opened himself up for potential criticism by publicly stating what he did in what are really pretty broad/vague terms despite some of the hyperbolic language

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latifi vs Stroll for the 2022 Drivers Championship?

I find it frustrating that the stragglers at the back of the Formula 1 grid have to rely on pay drivers to get by. I realise this has been going on since the start of F1 and is probably part of the fabric of F1, but I still find it frustrating.

F1 is now evolving into an ownership model where Billionnaire X decides that the easiest way to get their son into F1 is to buy a team......

The Japanese, Singapore and Azerbaijan Grands Prix have been cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Does this mean we can get another 4 Austrian GPs this year ?

Given Portugal seems set to host a mini tournament in August to decide the UEFA Champions League and Europa Cup, I'd imagine they'd be well placed to host another big sporting event like an F1 race

Algarve Circuit even has a full Grade 1 license now apparently

I forgot that it was called Algarve, I was thinking of Estoril as well. Circuits with big runoff, there's Valencia and Aragon as well?

Mugello would make all of those who complain about the races being boring happy. I would not expect anything other than a procession considering the nature of that track. Fans can express their anger at the race being boring in the lead up to, and throughout the whole race.

Fascinating that England couldn't host a race outside Silverstone nowadays.

Ironically enough, one of the current tracks best placed to re-host F1 this year with minimal risk of COVID spread is Shanghai.

You can understand street circuits like Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore and Baku being logistically impossible to organise for a later date this year but ones like Sakhir, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai and Montreal might be feasible depending on the governments involved.

Ironically enough, one of the current tracks best placed to re-host F1 this year with minimal risk of COVID spread is Shanghai.

You can understand street circuits like Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore and Baku being logistically impossible to organise for a later date this year but ones like Sakhir, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai and Montreal might be feasible depending on the governments involved.
There's talk of China holding two GPs this year. My guess would be an extended European season and then an Asian swing to finish.

On the topic of Vietnam, the country has reported very low COVID infection numbers and therefore I wouldn't rule out a Vietnam Grand Prix after the Shanghai races. Not very likely, but I'm sure Vietnam would be very keen.

I very much doubt that Formula 1 will race in the Americas this year, which rules out Montreal.

There's talk of China holding two GPs this year. My guess would be an extended European season and then an Asian swing to finish.

On the topic of Vietnam, the country has reported very low COVID infection numbers and therefore I wouldn't rule out a Vietnam Grand Prix after the Shanghai races. Not very likely, but I'm sure Vietnam would be very keen.

I very much doubt that Formula 1 will race in the Americas this year, which rules out Montreal.

Melbourne should be fine as well being in a country that has virtually eliminated COVID at this point but the logistics of a street circuit make it difficult. Takes months to prepare, even if you don't need to put in stands or cater for the public any more.

I think there's an outside chance of Canada allowing it, and the Texans might be crazy enough to host Austin, but no chance of Mexico or Brazil imo, agreed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back