2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone gotten the new F1 video game?

Looks decent, it has F2 and you can create your own team/car.

Last one I got was F1 2013 (Which was gifted to me by Marussia after I won a fan contest via their Twitter :D) and I still play it to this day. Running with a few of the realism mods + every few years I'll throw on the latest season mod and give it a burn. Other than missing a few of the newer tracks, the guys have done a great job with the 2020 mod :)

Last edited:
So, quite a bit of murmuring that VET is very close to signing with Aston Martin for 2021, which then would mean Perez would be looking for a new seat. Apparently RP have until July 31st to break Perez contract (while paying him out compensation)

Be interesting to see if it eventuates

So, quite a bit of murmuring that VET is very close to signing with Aston Martin for 2021, which then would mean Perez would be looking for a new seat. Apparently RP have until July 31st to break Perez contract (while paying him out compensation)

Be interesting to see if it eventuates
Wonder where Perez would end up, could he be the next Hulkenberg?

I know that there isn't much that can be done because of daddy, but Perez getting turfed over Stroll isn't a good decision at all.
Stroll having an f1 drive full stop is a blight on the entire sport, he is genuinely the slowest driver in the field by some margin.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I think its now only a matter of time until VET is announced as signing to Aston Martin for 2021.

[ESPN Mexico] Sources close to the team confirmed to ESPN that Perez is aware of the deals between team owner Lawrence Stroll and Germany's Vettel, so his agent Julian Jacobi has been working for weeks on the best option for Checo Perez.

Good read RE: Lawrence Stroll involvement with F1. Plenty more info the comments as well (such as how Lawrence Stroll still owns a share of Perma racing)

Stroll having an f1 drive full stop is a blight on the entire sport, he is genuinely the slowest driver in the field by some margin.

I'm in the camp of that he's not actually as bad as everything thinks he is.
This year will make or break him. In a good car, teammate at the top of his form. He should be in Q3 almost all races and in the top 7 as well.

There's definitely slower drivers out there on the grid.

I'm in the camp of that he's not actually as bad as everything thinks he is.
This year will make or break him. In a good car, teammate at the top of his form. He should be in Q3 almost all races and in the top 7 as well.

There's definitely slower drivers out there on the grid.
Perez came from behind him and gapped him by 15 seconds last week and Perez is a good driver but not the best, he is ordinary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I think its now only a matter of time until VET is announced as signing to Aston Martin for 2021.

Maybe where it all gets revealed is in his tell-all with Brundle this weekend.

Maybe where it all gets revealed is in his tell-all with Brundle this weekend.

Found out some more info about that, apparently it was just a regular scheduled media appearance that was meant to happen last week, but VET requested to move it back a week so he could complete some other media obligations with ORF. So it might not be as exciting as we were originally led to believe :( haha

“Not true,” he told Autobild when asked if the interview was to announce something big.

He added: “An interview with Sky in Austria was actually planned. We had to postpone that in favor of ORF to Hungary. That was what the conversation with Brundle was about and nothing else.

“This has been a little exaggerated.”

He wouldn't have a seat without his dad though would he?

You could say that about some other drivers as well "He wouldn't have his seat without X sponsorship dollars".
Of course having the financial backing that he does from his Dad obviously affords him opportunities that other drivers don't get, but then that's been the nature of Formula 1 for many years.

I wouldn't call Stroll the worst driver on the grid. He has shown that he can race in feeder series, as well as admit his mistakes and take on criticism. In 2015 when he first entered Euro F3 he was pretty reckless, but after copping a race ban at Spa, he took on the criticism, put his head down, and managed to finish the rest of the season with a strong 5th overall (behind Giovinazzi and Leclerc but ahead of Russell and Albon). He obviously has some talent as he did win 3 titles in 3 years (Italian F4, TRS, Euro F3) and no amount of money can buy talent.

Do I think he is WDC hopeful? At this stage, not at all, but he has shown that he has the tools to grow and mature as a driver.

I'll be curious to hear the conversations at Renault regarding team orders and the like. Ocon is good and racey, but he was very aggressive in his offensive and defensive driving at Force India, and it seems he hasn't mellowed at all. I mean, if he and Ricciardo were on the same strategy, then fine, let them race. As it stands... well, did the team even ask Ocon to move over?

Perez was a lot better than Stroll until the very end. Got by Ricciardo easily, unlike Stroll, who couldn't extract the same performance from the Merc engine.

Hamilton was utterly dominant on Sunday. Always looked in control.

Renault's protest against Racing Point is a joke. Racing Point will have already shown all their workings to the FIA before the season began, who found there was no case to answer. This smacks of sour grapes.

FIA FORMULA 3 CHAMPIONSHIP - HUNGARY - QUALIFYING RESULTS

1Aleksandr SmolyarRUSART Grand Prix1m 51.348
2Logan SargeantUSAPrema Racing1m 51.606
3Theo PourchaireFRAART Grand Prix1m 51.714
4Frederik VestiDENPrema Racing1m 52.228
5Calan WilliamsAUSJenzer Motorsport1m 52.252
6Oscar PiastriAUSPrema Racing1m 52.278
7Sebastian FernandezSPAART Grand Prix1m 52.288
8Richard VerschoorNEDMP Motorsport1m 52.352
9Bent ViscaalNEDMP Motorsport1m 52.460
10Dennis HaugerNORHitech Grand Prix1m 52.471
11Liam LawsonNZLHitech Grand Prix1m 52.638