2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 merging with LMP is just F1. If that happened then another LMP type class would have to emerge because the point of the class is race at Le Mans.

Formula E exits because it's a technology that can now be used to go racing, but F1 has not chosen to go down that road (yet). If F1 wanted to include electric technology, then FE is at the effect in how F1 uses it. If F1 wanted to use electric cars along with hybrids, FE will exist as designated electric class. If F1 wanted to go all electric, then FE as it is will stop (whether it the relevant stakeholders like it or not).

Foxtel pushing to get me to sign back up because “footys back”.
But I don’t have Foxtel for footy, particularly atm with the compromised competion and no crowds.
I have Foxtel for F1, so no news on a return date?

As it stands, they are aiming to start the season with the Austrian GP on July 5th, with the remaining 12 races after that currently still scheduled to go ahead. Obviously this is not 100% yet as it's a constantly changing situation, but that is F1's plan

At this stage, there are only 3 GP's that have been cancelled 100% (Australia, Monaco and France) with the 7 that have been postponed still up in the air.

Last edited:
New reduced cost cap and changes to the aero rules for the 2021 season

Foxtel pushing to get me to sign back up because “footys back”.
But I don’t have Foxtel for footy, particularly atm with the compromised competion and no crowds.
I have Foxtel for F1, so no news on a return date?
try kayo. with telstra you can get it for $15 a month.

try kayo. with telstra you can get it for $15 a month.
have to agree - the F1 coverage on Kayo was really good, same as Foxtel with all free practice sessions, qually, and the race.

I already have Foxtel so I’ll just put the sports package back on when needed.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Kayo allows recording/time shifting of events.
Everything is on demand with Kayo so you can access replays whenever.
You can always choose to watch a live event live or on delay. I just got the Kayo trial and loving it so far. Think I will cancel my Foxtel

The beginning of the end ?

More and more signs pointing towards Mexit. Real potential battle between Aston Martin and McLaren for the top dog status, although it seems like if Mercedes does leave, most of their staff will go to Aston Martin (owned by Stroll).

If Lance Stroll becomes a WDC............

Last edited:

More and more signs pointing towards Mexit. Real potential battle between Aston Martin and McLaren for the top dog status, although it seems like if Mercedes does leave, most of their staff will go to Aston Martin (owned by Stroll).

Is there anyone slow enough on the grid to actually lose to him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a July 5th proposed start to the season it will be interesting to see if the Australia/WA government grants Ricciardo an exemption to travel out of the country.

According to Home Affairs :
If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

* your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
* your travel is essential for the conduct of critical industries and business (including export and import industries)
* you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
* you are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business
* you are travelling on compassionate or humanitarian grounds
* your travel is in the national interest.
The only point I can see any wriggle room might be on the "national interest" point.

With a July 5th proposed start to the season it will be interesting to see if the Australia/WA government grants Ricciardo an exemption to travel out of the country.

The only point I can see any wriggle room might be on the "national interest" point.
Is he in Australia at the moment, or Monaco ?

They obviously do, but I don’t see why they care if people leave.

Surely your international job restarting falls under "unavoidable personal business"?

Surely your international job restarting falls under "unavoidable personal business"?
There will be a sheep ship departing Fremantle in the next couple of weeks, maybe he could stow away!

maybe not a good idea, there were 20 confirmed COVID cases amongst the 50 crew.....

So with the latest news that Williams are exploring options of selling the team, someone worked out exactly what it would cost to crowdfund Williams as a title sponsor. Turns out that it could be achievable, and as per the stickied comment, the subreddit mods are actually reaching out to Williams re: crowdfunding.

Interesting times, I would totally jump on board if it turns out that it might actually happen!

Last edited:

Well I know what I would be doing if I were Ferrari.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back