2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Like most of the other gestures by corporations over the past few months, majority of it just virtue signalling for good PR and because they've been forced to "say something" by the mob mentality that if they don't "say something" then they are part of the problem.

And yet, people eat it up 🤷‍♂️
Agree
Either do something significant, or don't do anything at all. Anything in between is self serving and disrespectful to the legitimacy of the cause

Like most of the other gestures by corporations over the past few months, majority of it just virtue signalling for good PR and because they've been forced to "say something" by the mob mentality that if they don't "say something" then they are part of the problem.

And yet, people eat it up 🤷‍♂️
hmm! the part of that i agree with is that corporations take pr stances that will benefit their enterprise. then again, most of us act out of self interest.

BTW - rain forecast for Friday and Sunday for the Austrian race this weekend - yes!!!!

It should be mandatory for all the back to back races on the same circuit to be wet one weekend and dry for the other....

It should be mandatory for all the back to back races on the same circuit to be wet one weekend and dry for the other....
From like 4 pages ago :p
Only way of saving it will be if it rains (or they implement one of Bernie's old ideas and install sprinklers around the track 😂)

Are Mercedes going to be running their DAS steering wheel, or has that been banned ?
AFAIK its still legal for this year, but will be banned in 2021

And this is Bottas talking about using it just 2 weeks ago

So looks like Ferrari are going to be off the pace for the first few races, and are not expecting to be on the podium, getting upgrades for Hungary.
Just the type of news you want to hear if you were looking forward to seeing someone other than HAM/MERC win this shortened season :rolleyes: :sweatsmile:

At least RBR have some Honda engine upgrades, so hoping Max can come out firing!

With red bull having enough cash to fill up the cap on the junior team can anyone else see them using that to their advantage when the 2022 rules come around?

I can even see them building 2 cars one for the more high downforce circuits and another for the high speed tracks and having max swap teams depending on who is faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With red bull having enough cash to fill up the cap on the junior team can anyone else see them using that to their advantage when the 2022 rules come around?

I can even see them building 2 cars one for the more high downforce circuits and another for the high speed tracks and having max swap teams depending on who is faster.

I doubt Red Bull would be able to develop two radically different cars under the new cost cap that F1 is introducing. That doesn't mean that Red Bull doesn't have advantages under the new rules though....

The big advantage for Red Bull under the new rules is that aero development could be shared between the two teams. One of the major "levelling the field" rules was that the leading teams will have less money to spend on aero compared to those lower down the Championship standings. Red Bull could use Alpha Tauri to test more radical aero changes which would be a way to get around the rules.

You could make the same argument for Ferrari/Haas/Alfa Romeo (the Ferrari business model is very different though) so the only question would be if Mercedes will formalise B team arrangements with one or more of the Mercedes customer teams. Toto Wolf has made investments in both Williams and Aston Martin so that could be a pointer to future arrangements.

I can see a lot more sharing of data between certain teams being a consequence of the new cost cap. I don't mean sharing design, because I'm certain that would be illegal, but the data associated with certain design changes.

Took me a second to realise which team "Aston Martin" is
Yep, it's half way through the year and we're yet to see any of the 'new' teams in action.

Can't wait for FP1 later today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back