2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

I did and nope needed the sleep so don't care

Pfft, give yourself a kick out of respect for the end of that race. Just a little hobble should do it.

Last edited:

Perhaps gone a bit underrated with everyone else was the win from Bottas.

Is this the year he legitimately challenges Lewis for the title ?
Depends on how Mercedes play it.
Rosberg won, just, when Mercedes swapped the garage personnel. Lewis wasn’t happy, but it appears hos old workers did better than Rosbergs old workers. Plus they may have had some interesting intel.

It was a good drive but we need to see Bottas have those strong drives back through the field when things don't go to plan. His off in Qualifying, effectively cost Hamilton the front row of the grid alongside him. Not that Lewis would have got pole but the temptation to avoid lifting when that yellow came out, got the better of him. It worked out quite well for Bottas there.

Let's see how he goes coming from behind Lewis in future races. Does he have the fighting edge that Rosberg had in his championship year?

If Mercedes are half a second to the good of the field on this short track then yeah he is a threat because even a bad race should net a P2 and we perhaps only have 7 races left, if he can win again next week and open up a bit of a lead he nearly becomes favourite.

If Mercedes are half a second to the good of the field on this short track then yeah he is a threat because even a bad race should net a P2 and we perhaps only have 7 races left, if he can win again next week and open up a bit of a lead he nearly becomes favourite.
Reckon we will get more than the 8 scheduled races so far ?
R8 Italy finishes on the 6th September. If races are still going ahead at that time, then we can go into early December and potentially have 15+ races I reckon.

Obviously going to depend on the availability of circuits.

Reckon we will get more than the 8 scheduled races so far ?
R8 Italy finishes on the 6th September. If races are still going ahead at that time, then we can go into early December and potentially have 15+ races I reckon.

Obviously going to depend on the availability of circuits.
It will depend on the countries, anyone like us who has kept it under control wont take the risk. Not surprising that countries like England and Italy who can't really do anymore damage are happy to race, I haven't seen any potential races mentioned outside mugello lately

If it ends up that there are only 8 races this year, I hope that they just decide to make it a combined 20/21 championship like WEC did a few years back

If someone were to be awarded the WDC in an 8 race championship in the middle of a bunch of 20+ race championships it would forever have an asterisk next to it imo

And yes I'm aware there were many championships with that many races in it in the 50s and 60s, but that was a different time.

I haven't really been keeping up with things this season, but is next weeks race a carbon copy of this week, or will there be altered conditions/track layout?
Carbon copy, unlikely anyone brings any updates so qually might be interesting doubtful the race will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a good drive but we need to see Bottas have those strong drives back through the field when things don't go to plan. His off in Qualifying, effectively cost Hamilton the front row of the grid alongside him. Not that Lewis would have got pole but the temptation to avoid lifting when that yellow came out, got the better of him. It worked out quite well for Bottas there.

Let's see how he goes coming from behind Lewis in future races. Does he have the fighting edge that Rosberg had in his championship year?
Agree with this. A lot went wrong for Hamilton this weekend but he still leaves with a 4th and knowing he still looked the fastest out there. His ability to maximise points on bad weekends has won championships in the past. Bottas needs to do the same and avoid losing chunks of points when he faces similar issues.

I didn't realise because I don't give a s**t enough to keep up to date. But it actually is just 8 races scheduled so far, and it could be just that for the season. However many more than 8 (if it's the case), it won't be many more.

Looking at the calendar so far, it's more like a European Touring Car Championship schedule than F1.

The idea of rolling the series over to next year is lame. You can't pick and choose how crap like covid 19 affects the situation. Roiling the series over to 2021 and having 28 races is more lame than having 8 supposedly is. Even though the 2020 championship is going to be a part of F1 history, it's also it's own series and it's more important to keep the integrity of a 2020 championship than a concept of what an F1 series "should be".

It'll only be an asterisk if Bottas wins it because no one rates him anyway. Every campaigner wants to puts an asterisk on everything these days.

I didn't realise because I don't give a sh*t enough to keep up to date. But it actually is just 8 races scheduled so far, and it could be just that for the season. However many more than 8 (if it's the case), it won't be many more.

Looking at the calendar so far, it's more like a European Touring Car Championship schedule than F1.

The idea of rolling the series over to next year is lame. You can't pick and choose how crap like covid 19 affects the situation. Roiling the series over to 2021 and having 28 races is more lame than having 8 supposedly is. Even though the 2020 championship is going to be a part of F1 history, it's also it's own series and it's more important to keep the integrity of a 2020 championship than a concept of what an F1 series "should be".

It'll only be an asterisk if Bottas wins it because no one rates him anyway. Every campaigner wants to puts an asterisk on everything these days.

I still reckon it'll be around 13.

No chance of USA, Canada, Mexico. But if they throw in Hockenheim, even a couple there and Mugello/Imola/Portugal and wind up in Bahrain (maybe two there as well) and Abu Dhabi we could even see as many as 15.

The Schumacher era was usually 16-17 races so anything between 12-15 and the Championship is legit as far as I'm concerned.

Irrespective of location, races are still races.

We all like Nico Rosberg because he was a no-nonsense dude that took the fight to Hamilton but he seems to love the attention and the ability to take potshots without the pressure of having to drive well to retain his seat.

Looking forward to Vettel continuing to not hold back as he counts down the races until he leaves Ferrari.

Impending announcement that Alonso will return to Renault... again.

Like Nigel Mansell with Williams, they just keep going back for more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back