2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Impending announcement that Alonso will return to Renault... again.

Like Nigel Mansell with Williams, they just keep going back for more.

Bit late for April Fools.

Wait what? 2020 is proving to be one hell of a shitshow in F1.

Some more transcripts from VET's interview with ServusTV (inc VER, GAS and Horner).

Definitely sounds like money isn't an issue for VET when it comes to a new contract, and that the door isn't completely shut at RBR for a possible return.

Last edited:
They were probably forced to sign a champion driver by the Renault execs to justify their existence in F1. Bit like when Ron Dennis was forced to sign Mansell for 95 because Marlboro also wanted a champion in one of their cars.

I can see it ending just as well as Mansell 1995 too.

What does Alonso have to gain by this? I suppose he's gambling on Renault having a minor miracle by 2022 but still...

And now its official, ALO is back! :eek:

EDIT: Not off to a good start, the Renault website is crashing with the amount of traffic from the announcement :sweatsmile: :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
I can see it ending just as well as Mansell 1995 too.

What does Alonso have to gain by this? I suppose he's gambling on Renault having a minor miracle by 2022 but still...

This image still makes me giggle years later. Two incompatible forces pretending it's all going to work out fine.

I think Alonso will work okay at Renault as he always seem to have a decent relationship with them

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 27
its cool what you learn listening to podcasts like Beyond the Grid. Had no idea that in 1971 at Monza the closest F1 finish in history occurred, with the Top 5 cars separated by just 0.6s total! Imagine if that happened today.

During the 1997 European GP, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Jacques Villeneuve and Michael Schumacher set the exact same pole position time down to the thousandth of a second. That is more impressive in my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the 1997 European GP, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Jacques Villeneuve and Michael Schumacher set the exact same pole position time down to the thousandth of a second. That is more impressive in my view.
They reckon the 4th number was known by someone, but never became public knowledge.

Though that probably isn't true.

They reckon the 4th number was known by someone, but never became public knowledge.

Though that probably isn't true.

At the time, though, I don't think they had the technology to measure it to the ten-thousandths of a second.

But yeah, the odds of that happening are incredibly small, even in F1 where millions are spent to gain a few thousandths per lap.

Last edited:
Chinese GP has now officially been cancelled (it was postponed earlier) now that China has announced they will not host any interntional sporting event for the rest of 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back