DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Other than a few moments and the last lap... that was an absolute snooze fest. Thank God for the safety cars last weekend otherwise it would have been two boring races in a row.

Not sure how Stroll can force ADR off the track with Stroll off the track as well and call it a legal pass.

If ADR shuts the door its a prang and he gets scolded for doing so.

Admit ADR didnt close the door earlier when he was coming, but reasonable expectations are also to not have to go 2 cars wide off the corner to allow him space so as not to have Stroll take out ADR's side pods.

Just does not sit right with me but it is F1 .....

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
bit late really isnt it?

Not wrong.. but late.
They needed "evidence" to submit the protest. Presumably the races have given Renault more time to take photos and compare them to the Merc of last year.

That said, without some sort of proof from an insider I'll be surprised if RP loses the protest

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other than a few moments and the last lap... that was an absolute snooze fest. Thank God for the safety cars last weekend otherwise it would have been two boring races in a row.
This is the sport until 2022 at least, idk why people expect action they qualify from fastest to slowest in normal running there will never be much excitement.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
They needed "evidence" to submit the protest. Presumably the races have given Renault more time to take photos and compare them to the Merc of last year.

That said, without some sort of proof from an insider I'll be surprised if RP loses the protest
It's kind of stupid the FIA approved it to begin with, every man and his dogs knows it's a repainted merc

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
This is the sport until 2022 at least, idk why people expect action they qualify from fastest to slowest in normal running there will never be much excitement.

Yeah...I understand that and half the reason I'm miffed that the tech reg changes were delayed as we have another year of the boring merc domination (whil;e they crow about how on the back foot they are) to sit through especially now that Ferrari are imploding :sweatsmile: . But I can still comment that the race was a snoozefest... lol

Thank God for Max at least trying to give them a challenge.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah...I understand that and half the reason I'm miffed that the tech reg changes were delayed as we have another year of the boring merc domination (whil;e they crow about how on the back foot they are) to sit through especially now that Ferrari are imploding :sweatsmile: . But I can still comment that the race was a snoozefest... lol

Lucky racing point have a couple of slower drivers, if they had a decent pairing it would be all Mercs down to p4

That move by Max to get Bottas back was outrageous car control in a clearly inferior car and on worse rubber.

I"m not a Max fan overall but credit where its due. That was some driving.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think I've ever seen a driver so sure of gaining a place/having a penalty applied, as much as we saw in Dan's interview (which I fully agree with).
Absolutely insane that that's a legal pass - he missed the turn by almost 90 degrees (Stroll) and then ****ed around while out there due to his *ed driving.

Also again kept moving wider and wider on the final straight to almost push dan into the wall to avoid losing that spot.

Rubbish by FIA

That move by Max to get Bottas back was outrageous car control in a clearly inferior car and on worse rubber.

I"m not a Max fan overall but credit where its due. That was some driving.

All you need is to look at where Albon finished to see that Max is absolutely wringing that car into territory it shouldn't be in. You might dislike the guy but you must give credit to his race craft. He has definitely matured a lot since his rookie season when he was crashing into everything and everyone.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All you need is to look at where Albon finished to see that Max is absolutely wringing that car into territory it shouldn't be in. You might dislike the guy but you must give credit to his race craft. He has definitely matured a lot since his rookie season when he was crashing into everything and everyone.

Agree. Max would wipe the floor with Dan now. Genuinely believe he'd push Lewis to new heights too.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's a better driver than Lewis, but unable to show it.
Hmmmm..... no.
Hes a more aggressive driver than Lewis. But that doesn’t make you a better driver in F1.
You need a cool head. You need to understand where you are at any time in a race and how you can turn others weaknesses to your advantage.
On top of that you need to understand your car.
Max is great to watch. You are always expecting something to happen whenever he gets near another car. Because he can be chaos personified.
Lewis can be boring as bat s**t in comparison. Because he thinks more about how to win the race without suicide overtakes.
Ill need to revisit this in five years. But right now, Lewis is the better driver.

Back