2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know the covid protocols for F1 but shouldn’t Lewis’s side of the garage be quarantined? Close contacts, I guess that means hat girl will be missing this week. Not being rude I know she’s a kiwi but can’t remember her name so it’s “hat girl.”

Um, I don't recall claiming he's the best of all time. One of the best of modern era, without question, but how does Vandoorne beating Bottas weaken Hamilton's reputation?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

And if the replacement gets well beaten by Bottas they will go quiet again until conditions are favourable - like a weed.

Hamilton is certainly not an undisputed GOAT but you'd be mad if you think a driver with 7 WDC doesn't deserve to be in the conversation.

I don’t know the covid protocols for F1 but shouldn’t Lewis’s side of the garage be quarantined? Close contacts, I guess that means hat girl will be missing this week. Not being rude I know she’s a kiwi but can’t remember her name so it’s “hat girl.”
Didn't happen with Perez or Stroll I don't think.

Or any of the Moto GP guys for that matter, but the point you raise is a good one. If these guys are positive cases then how come the close contacts aren't isolated. Also, how did they catch it ??

Um, I don't recall claiming he's the best of all time. One of the best of modern era, without question, but how does Vandoorne beating Bottas weaken Hamilton's reputation?

Never said you did. Just saying. It's more proof that almost anyone can win in that car if Vandoorne does well and therefore it's the car not the driver, you just have to be better than your teammate only.

Last edited:
I get the impression that sports overseas use a different definition of what a close contact is to what the health authorities have in Australia

Never said you did. Just saying. It's more proof that almost anyone can win in that car if Vandoorne does well and therefore it's the car not the driver, you just have to be better than your teammate only.
Almost anyone would have won in the MP4/88. Does this mean anyone beating Prost or Senna in it would diminish their accomplishments?

We can argue that in the right circumstances, any driver would win races if given the best car, throughout F1's history. Where would that leave the reputation of the drivers who championships in those cars?

Reminder: This is the track we are racing around this weekend.
Sub 1 minute lap times expected.

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.....

I suppose Vandoorne would slot into the Williams if Russell gets a stab at the Merc. Guess it depends on who Mercedes feel can deliver a result, but Russell has more recent experience.

I suppose Vandoorne would slot into the Williams if Russell gets a stab at the Merc. Guess it depends on who Mercedes feel can deliver a result, but Russell has more recent experience.

They've already wrapped up the 1-2 in the WDC and the WCC, do they really need the result that badly? Anyway, I expect Stoffel to be named but for feel-good reasons give Hulk a go. I also don't think George Russell benefits at all from a one-off appearance.

I'd say Williams would slot one of their F2 drivers into the car instead. All 3 are out of the running for anything worthwhile in that, but are in Bahrain.

What would happen if Bottas tested positive as well? Vandoorne AND Hulk?

To test positive Bottas would actually have to be near Hamilton.

Didn't happen with Perez or Stroll I don't think.

Or any of the Moto GP guys for that matter, but the point you raise is a good one. If these guys are positive cases then how come the close contacts aren't isolated. Also, how did they catch it ??

We are judging them on what happens in Australia if you're positive or a close contact, not what happens where they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back