2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Logically it wouldn't make sense (he's a shoe in to beat Schumachers remaining records next year) but with Lewis who knows what he is thinking.
I don't think the delay in contract negotiations has to do with money, I think it has to do with Lewis undecided on whether he wants to keep going.
I thought the biggest problem in Lewis/Mercedes contracts is insistence on taking his car home with him at the end of the season.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't watch last week, so I don't know a lot of what happened in context. But I'm listening to former supercars plodder Steve Johnson on radio atm. He was saying that at the moment Russel passed Bottas last week, Russell was on a better set of tyres.

Is this true?
After pitstops yes. But also passed him at start and had equal tyres

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
After pitstops yes. But also passed him at start and had equal tyres

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
With that knowledge, it's dogshit that it wasn't more widely acknowledged. I would never have known had Steve Johnson not brought it up momentarily on radio while he was in the middle of shitting on Bottas.

People cracking a boner over Russell have not considered the possibility that Hamilton could produce similar results with him as team mate as he does while Bottas is his team mate.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
With that knowledge, it's dogshit that it wasn't more widely acknowledged. I would never have known had Steve Johnson not brought it up momentarily on radio while he was in the middle of shitting on Bottas.

People cracking a boner over Russell have not considered the possibility that Hamilton could produce similar results with him as team mate as he does while Bottas is his team mate.

Some posters here take the view that tiny data sets outweigh years of performance and information. Hence why some insist Russell's performances diminish Hamilton in some way. This is quite discourteous to Russell himself (I think he did pretty well and deserves credit for that).

Bottas meanwhile, lost out in one race to Russell. This doesn't define Bottas' career any more than it defines Hamilton or Russell. I do believe Russell will be better than Bottas, but it's a massive stretch to claim it as a definitive fact after one pairing as teammates, and a massive stretch to say Russell would beat Hamilton.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Some posters here take the view that tiny data sets outweigh years of performance and information. Hence why some insist Russell's performances diminish Hamilton in some way. This is quite discourteous to Russell himself (I think he did pretty well and deserves credit for that).

Bottas meanwhile, lost out in one race to Russell. This doesn't define Bottas' career any more than it defines Hamilton or Russell. I do believe Russell will be better than Bottas, but it's a massive stretch to claim it as a definitive fact after one pairing as teammates, and a massive stretch to say Russell would beat Hamilton.
Russell is GOAT, Hamilton is Sheep Embryo.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I picked Sergio last week, this week I'm doing something even crazier.

I'm on Albon ftw/p. You heard it here first.

Would also be nice to see Vettel go out with a points finish.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

The one that really mattered was off the start. Bottas got a bad start and was second by about turn 2.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I picked Sergio last week, this week I'm doing something even crazier.

I'm on Albon ftw/p. You heard it here first.

Would also be nice to see Vettel go out with a points finish.
You'd be better off betting on Latifi to win than Albon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back