Strategy 2020 Free Agency targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

We are throwing up 'average' players to replace AA defenders like Grimes/Rance these players getting mentioned are not the types that are going to keep us at the top.

We need to identify young talent with elite traits that will fit into our team

yeah, but, its very hard to get a Wietering type

his current club will fight tooth nail to keep him; 22/23 former pick1

Sell him the dream and tell him he becomes the next 'Alex Rance' in a premiership club

Well when you put it like that our only issue should be managing the cap squeeze after we sign the rest of the All Australian backline,

Not a free agent but I would shake the West coast tree for Jarrod brander think he could end up an elite defender.. He is under contract to 2021 but with a bit of rance money and west coast being tight on the salary cap maybe we could get in his ear and tempt west coast in to trading before he is out of contract the following year. I remember he was keen to get to Richmond in his draft year even tho he was a West coast supporter growing up and did look disappointed when they drafted him

I know this is gonna cop a lot of hate but just throwing it out there.....

jake Carlisle would be out of contract at the end of the season, he’s had a lot of off field drama but our culture and he’s age might settle him.
He’s no where near the level of Rance but can play on the big gorilla forwards and is a good intercept mark

I actually like this idea and if he comes cheap I would do it. Jake's best football is as a defender - the main question is whether or not he's the right type of bloke we want at our club and would he buy into what we're selling.

I'd prefer him to be a couple of years younger but if we're aiming to capitalise on the current premiership window then I would definitely explore this option.

Would not pay anywhere near what the Saints did for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like this idea and if he comes cheap I would do it. Jake's best football is as a defender - the main question is whether or not he's the right type of bloke we want at our club and would he buy into what we're selling.

I'd prefer him to be a couple of years younger but if we're aiming to capitalise on the current premiership window then I would definitely explore this option.

Would not pay anywhere near what the Saints did for him.

From everything I’ve seen watching Carlisle, he comes across as a massive w***er with a head bigger than Ottens.

If he really is like this, then not a chance we should go after him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back