Prediction 2020 GCS Rising Star count : 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't watch heaps of footy this weekend, but would Noah Anderson be a chance this week? Looked pretty good on the weekend.
18 touches and 2 tackles he is a chance but I didn’t really watch closely other matches do I guess we’ll have the wait and see. They don’t usually give noms to losing sides

Curtis taylor
Max king
Laitham vandermeer
Noah anderson
Hayden young
Rhylee west

all chances

Laitham vandermeer or Curtis Taylor will get it this week. Taylor has been a good get for north, very consistent.

I didn't watch heaps of footy this weekend, but would Noah Anderson be a chance this week? Looked pretty good on the weekend.

He was good on the weekend! I don't know if he was nomination good but it is coming. He has probably been under the radar a bit with Rowell

Talk that Rowell has already done enough to win the NAB Rising star award. I personally don't know if that would be fair, but if he does win and does not play another 5 games this year, he would still be eligible to win it again next year . . Could he win two of them?

Talk that Rowell has already done enough to win the NAB Rising star award. I personally don't know if that would be fair, but if he does win and does not play another 5 games this year, he would still be eligible to win it again next year . . Could he win two of them?
Can't get nominated twice I thought

Can't get nominated twice I thought

You can but not in same season

A player is nominated for the award each round during the AFL season by a panel of experts; to be eligible for nomination, the player must be aged 20 or under on 1 January that year, and have played ten or fewer AFL games as of the start of the season. A player can only be nominated once per season; if a player is suspended during the season, he may be nominated, but will not be eligible to win the award. At the completion of the regular season, each member of the voting panel independently awards five votes, four votes, three votes, two votes and one vote to the nominated players they regard as the best to fifth-best during the season; the player with the highest total of votes wins the medal.

As the number of voting members varies between seasons, the maximum number of votes a player can poll is not consistent. There have been only three winners who have accumulated the maximum votes in their season: Jared Rivers (2004), Daniel Rich (2009), and Dan Hannebery (2010)

It is possible for a player to be nominated in multiple seasons, as long as he still satisfies the age and experience criteria in each year. Eleven players have been nominated twice for a Rising Star award

Definitely possible to be nominated in multiple seasons. Alex witherden a recent one that comes to mind.

the nba awarded a decent player Malcolm brogdon rookie of the year ahead of star Joel embiid as he only played ~40% of the year. I think they sort of collectively regret doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't count out Izak Rankine! He'd have to be a strong chance if he played the rest of the season.

We’re going to have 3 nominees in the first 6 rounds with Anderson, Flanders and Sharp still to go.

Was criminal Luko never got a nomination last year. He’s come on massively this year

Anderson would be favourite at this stage for the RS nomination

Will Day has got a bit of press as the only decent youngster in their team, but his stats are not as good as Anderson.

If Max King kicks 3 goals tonight they will look to give him a nod.

Anderson would be favourite at this stage for the RS nomination

Will Day has got a bit of press as the only decent youngster in their team, but his stats are not as good as Anderson.

If Max King kicks 3 goals tonight they will look to give him a nod.
He’s already got 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back