No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mills & Papley were ******** awesome tonight. Could not have represented our club any better.

Martin could fart and someone would award him BOG

If Martin wore red and white he would be a god on here

I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter but if the AFL was going t bring back a SOO or some form of All Australian vs Someone game, this time in the year is the best time for it with the unlimited interchange* and bigger bench.

As a Victorian I couldn't give a * about Victoria or the All Stars and if it was SA vs WA I wouldn't care either. I loved what I saw from Mills and Papley during the game though. Game was too run and gun for Lloyd to really be seen much from what I saw.

*Interchange cap needs to * off otherwise that with stupid 666 rules scoring will just keep falling

To be fair Richmond's turnaround has been nothing short of a miracle. It's not like they turned over a whole lot of the list. The squad that won the premiership was almost the same as the one we smashed by 100 points a year earlier... Dusty suddenly became the best player in the league the next season

To be fair Richmond's turnaround has been nothing short of a miracle. It's not like they turned over a whole lot of the list. The squad that won the premiership was almost the same as the one we smashed by 100 points a year earlier... Dusty suddenly became the best player in the league the next season
2017 - Richmond fined for drug related offenses
2018 - Richmond don't breach the drug code
2019 - Richmond fined for drug related offenses

Just saying...

I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter but if the AFL was going t bring back a SOO or some form of All Australian vs Someone game, this time in the year is the best time for it with the unlimited interchange* and bigger bench.

As a Victorian I couldn't give a fu** about Victoria or the All Stars and if it was SA vs WA I wouldn't care either. I loved what I saw from Mills and Papley during the game though. Game was too run and gun for Lloyd to really be seen much from what I saw.

*Interchange cap needs to fu** off otherwise that with stupid 666 rules scoring will just keep falling

It was worth a watch and started real well

The longer it went I was conscious I didn’t care who won

Maybe vics felt differently but as an all star state I didn’t care bout the result

Playing in pre season was a tick and the players put in etc

Think the only way to have actual state of origin long term is to have the states and a round robin that means something

Other than for nostalgia I don’t think we need it, have to say that big v jumper is a great one though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe vics felt differently but as an all star state I didn’t care bout the result

Think the only way to have actual state of origin long term is to have the states and a round robin that means something

Other than for nostalgia I don’t think we need it, have to say that big v jumper is a great one though
I'm a Vic and I didn't give a * about Victoria winning. Possible idea would be to have SA vs All Stars then WA vs All Stars and back to Vic vs All Stars on rotation to keep all the teams fresh and not isolate the non-3 main states

As a non Victorian i stopped watching after half time. Was boring. I dunno. Couldn get into it.

May not be an opinion that others share, but I think we should upgrade paps contract at the end of the year. Perhaps make it a mix of slight pay increase with a performance based bonus. I think, if we've paid under, and he's outperforming his salary, it would be a good gesture to reward him for it. Perhaps with increases each year.

Yeah. It is very clear what he is going to do with the ball, before he does it. It's quite predictable for the opposition.

he should put it up his jumper one time and stop, shrug his sholdours and pretend the ball vanished

Try and kick the ball to a teammate?
he should put it up his jumper one time and stop, shrug his sholdours and pretend the ball vanished

Watch Rod Carter kick the ball out from Full Back. You try telling me, you can't tell he doesn't telegraph what he is planning to do with the ball before he kicks it.

Mills isn't as bad. But he is very one sided, and not particularly skillful. It is an issue if he is playing as a rebounding defender because it becomes very predictable up the field for the opposition if they know what Mills will do every time he gets the ball before he does it - usually long, and towards the boundary line.

Last edited:
sigh.

Watch Rod Carter kick the ball out from Full Back. You try telling me, you can't tell he doesn't telegraph what he is planning to do with the ball before he kicks it.

Mills isn't as bad. But he is very one sided, and not particularly skillful. It is an issue if he is playing as a rebounding defender because it becomes very predictable up the field for the opposition if they know what Mills will do every time he gets the ball before he does it - usually long, and towards the boundary line.

i kmow what you are saying just mucking around

I think he looked to have a bit more time and space/composure last night, that may help go to the next level

i kmow what you are saying just mucking around

I think he looked to have a bit more time and space/composure last night, that may help go to the next level

Yeah, I think he is (going to be) a great player. I think his go though is going to be the Dylan Grimes/Tom Stewart hybrid defender - rather than Malceski/Mcveigh creative half back.

No one close to dusty in the comp at the current minute

Tigers win the flag if fit

just that good

Dusty had Touhey on him when resting forward. Zac doesn't exactly shut players down. The All Stars whole game plan was attack, attack, attack. No real shudown defenders except Andrews. The rest were either interceptors, Mills etc, or running half backs, Saad, Touhey, Johanison etc. That is why they lost in the end because the mids only ran one way and the backs were caught out attacking and not defending leaving huge gaps and so much space for opponents to run into they may as well have been playing on the Nullarbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back