No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty had Touhey on him when resting forward. Zac doesn't exactly shut players down. The All Stars whole game plan was attack, attack, attack. No real shudown defenders except Andrews. The rest were either interceptors, Mills etc, or running half backs, Saad, Touhey, Johanison etc. That is why they lost in the end because the mids only ran one way and the backs were caught out attacking and not defending leaving huge gaps and so much space for opponents to run into they may as well have been playing on the Nullarbor.
Not talking just last night

It was worth a watch and started real well

The longer it went I was conscious I didn’t care who won

Maybe vics felt differently but as an all star state I didn’t care bout the result

Playing in pre season was a tick and the players put in etc

Think the only way to have actual state of origin long term is to have the states and a round robin that means something

Other than for nostalgia I don’t think we need it, have to say that big v jumper is a great one though

All it needed was Lebron & Kawhi doing there thing and it would have been on the same level of gimmick as the NBA All Star game. When players are laughing and chatting to each other for pretty much every minute of the game it is about as serious as a simulated training drill. Good cause but rubbish as far as what sport is about. A Contest.

The very limited vision the club offers on the website, I always thought Cameron looked solid and possibly above average.

Are there people out there who watch reserves games, who can reassure me that we havent again traded out a good player for nothing?

Last edited:
The very limited vision the club offers on the website, I always thought Cameron looked solid and possibly above average.

Are there people out there who watch reserves games, who can reassure me that we havent again traded out a good player for nothing?
I always liked him as a player and felt that his game was very even. He was as good around the ground as he was in the ruck and as he was up forward.
I also felt like he should have played more games as he could actually provide a contest in the ruck unlike sinclair. If he had a weakness it would have probably been his fitness i think which may have held him back from getting good seniors game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im gonna cop a lot of s**t for this..
So Ill start by saying Im a massive fan of womens sport.
I love that the Swans have teamed up with the Sydney Swifts. Elite Mens and elite womens teams. For me its perfect.
The Swans should promote, have a responsibility to promote sport to all, men, women, boys and girls. And this partnership does that perfectly. If women are suffering so many serious injuries, it needs to be asked, Is this game for them? I would not encourage my daughter to play aussie rules, Id rather her play other sports that are more suited to her health.

Im gonna cop a lot of s**t for this..
So Ill start by saying Im a massive fan of womens sport.
I love that the Swans have teamed up with the Sydney Swifts. Elite Mens and elite womens teams. For me its perfect.
The Swans should promote, have a responsibility to promote sport to all, men, women, boys and girls. And this partnership does that perfectly. If women are suffering so many serious injuries, it needs to be asked, Is this game for them? I would not encourage my daughter to play aussie rules, Id rather her play other sports that are more suited to her health.

I'm the same, although are they in anymore danger than going on a girls weekend to the ski slopes? This comes from someone who has had 2 ACL's.

A base distribution to all clubs which totalled
$194.5 million; and
Variable distributions, which totalled $72.0 million. Top 4 clubs:

Gold Coast Suns 22.808m
GWS Giants 22.786m
Brisbane Lions 22.306m
St Kilda 19.138m

The AFL made the following other distributions to
the clubs throughout the 2018 season, including but
not limited to AFLW, travel subsidies, prizemoney,
AFL membership-related distributions, AFL
commercial partner payments, AFL-facilitated
stadium payments and licensing distributions.

Adelaide Crows 1.584m
Brisbane Lions 1.681m
Carlton 3.037m
Collingwood 4.066m
Essendon 3.269m
Fremantle 1.886m
Geelong Cats 1.696m
Gold Coast Suns 1.107m
GWS Giants 1.894m
Hawthorn 2.116m
Melbourne 2.540m
North Melbourne 1.993m
Port Adelaide 1.051m
Richmond 2.938m
St Kilda 2.927m
Sydney 1.419m
West Coast Eagles 2.593m
Western Bulldogs 2.957m

A base distribution to all clubs which totalled
$194.5 million; and
Variable distributions, which totalled $72.0 million. Top 4 clubs:

Gold Coast Suns 22.808m
GWS Giants 22.786m
Brisbane Lions 22.306m
St Kilda 19.138m

The AFL made the following other distributions to
the clubs throughout the 2018 season, including but
not limited to AFLW, travel subsidies, prizemoney,
AFL membership-related distributions, AFL
commercial partner payments, AFL-facilitated
stadium payments and licensing distributions.

Adelaide Crows 1.584m
Brisbane Lions 1.681m
Carlton 3.037m
Collingwood 4.066m
Essendon 3.269m
Fremantle 1.886m
Geelong Cats 1.696m
Gold Coast Suns 1.107m
GWS Giants 1.894m
Hawthorn 2.116m
Melbourne 2.540m
North Melbourne 1.993m
Port Adelaide 1.051m
Richmond 2.938m
St Kilda 2.927m
Sydney 1.419m
West Coast Eagles 2.593m
Western Bulldogs 2.957m
So you're saying that we missed out all the way around, with only Port Adelaide being worse off than us... hmmm, I think they've played this tune before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back