No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So port to go for some big names in trade period

obviously managed there cap better than us with the amount of good players they have

but 1 player ruined ouR salary cap

me thinks we have stuffed our own cap with over paying certain players
Thoughts on tonights comments on here , will we have scrappers ?

So port to go for some big names in trade period

obviously managed there cap better than us with the amount of good players they have

but 1 player ruined ouR salary cap

me thinks we have stuffed our own cap with over paying certain players

they not the only who seem to have managed the cap
Port have spread some players salaries over two years because they were in financial strife (not salary cap). This spreading allowed them to create space in their cap so now they have space t chase as they are in a better financial position. You are right it’sgood management to be in financial strife and to come out of it with cap space. If only we could spread Buddy’s salary over a few more years like we did with Tippett.

Port have spread some players salaries over two years because they were in financial strife (not salary cap). This spreading allowed them to create space in their cap so now they have space t chase as they are in a better financial position. You are right it’sgood management to be in financial strife and to come out of it with cap space. If only we could spread Buddy’s salary over a few more years like we did with Tippett.
They have the same amount of players on there list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathan Brown just saying that Greenwood has a basketball background so should be able to take a mark. Is that what we are missing? More basketballers?

Thinking about the Suns... I think the AFL realised in our darkest years that we needed some help, and we made a grand final not long after 3 wooden spoons. Now that the team has shown sustainable success... no more leg ups I guess. We're on our own guys...

we throw out long term contracts like fu**en candy

Maybe we did that to stop us from being raided by other clubs due to the introduction of free agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back