No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You have to laugh. As mass players will be cut as a result of this pandemic, not to mention countless other staff who have given their all to the game for decades, clubs are still finding the time and the list space for these code-swappers who are not naturals at the game.

But hey at least he's athletic!

They're probably getting a bonus.... it's about money first, footy second.

It's a woeful spectacle though with the dew. Should have gone twilight at absolute most. The night games in QLD have all had the same issue, dew becomes a huge issue.

You have to laugh. As mass players will be cut as a result of this pandemic, not to mention countless other staff who have given their all to the game for decades, clubs are still finding the time and the list space for these code-swappers who are not naturals at the game.

But hey at least he's athletic!

It won’t surprise me if others follow and maximise their Cat B. If it’s anything like the current player numbers then Cat B won’t be counted (ie outside of a proposed 38 + 2 cat A rookies).

Dude, I literally just realised that. WTF are they thinking??

Is it that it will be too hot during the day? Brisbane in late October would be frikking hot I guess.

Historical average is 26 degrees, so that isn't too bad, last year it went from 25-29 with 40-70% humidity around that date, according to BOM historical data http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/201910/html/IDCJDW4019.201910.shtml

EDIT - For comparison, Melbourne went from 15 to 33 degrees around the end of October with 40-60% humidity. With 15 to 29 degrees and 15-79% humidity at the start of the month. So at least Brisbane is predictable.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol 2 minute horse race. Seriously. If the cricket and sailing can coordinate a start during a lunch break surely the AFL can work out a break to allow a scheduled horse race to be shown or watched. Hate spin.

I'm led to believe that clubs can now terminate a coaches and only have to pay out 6 months. Craig Kelly Leon Cameron's manager is not happy.
Goes against every normal contract law I am aware of UNLESS they have a clause written in like that but why, in this industry especially, would you do that (from the coach point of view)?

Surely the coaches association etc would be all over it.

I mean all you do is sign a guy up for 10 years and if it don't work out heave ho. Makes any length of contract a fallacy - basically all coaches would be on a nominal 1 year deal.

Goes against every normal contract law I am aware of UNLESS they have a clause written in like that but why, in this industry especially, would you do that (from the coach point of view)?

I mean all you do is sign a guy up for 10 years and if it don't work out heave ho. Makes any length of contract a fallacy - basically all coaches would be on a nominal 1 year deal.
I believe it was done before the covid , might be in the Age.

Isn't there something about contracts having to be equitable to both sides or it's not valid or something?

I believe it was done before the covid , might be in the Age.

Yeah, it's being specifically written into contracts as an individual clause by the sounds of it.
Here's the article - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/af...yout-clauses-for-coaches-20200918-p55wu1.html
3 coaches already have this clause it would seem, though could be more. "St Kilda's Brett Ratten, Carlton's David Teague and Gold Coast's Stuart Dew all have six-month payout clauses or less in their new coaching deals."

Isn't there something about contracts having to be equitable to both sides or it's not valid or something?
No not really. You can basically sign whatever you want away as long as you are not nuts or coerced. Paraphrasing there of course.

Not really going to get into the fine nitty gritty of it all as it is complex but both sides of a contract don't necessarily have to "win" out of it.

Yeah, it's being specifically written into contracts as an individual clause by the sounds of it.
Here's the article - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/af...yout-clauses-for-coaches-20200918-p55wu1.html
3 coaches already have this clause it would seem, though could be more. "St Kilda's Brett Ratten, Carlton's David Teague and Gold Coast's Stuart Dew all have six-month payout clauses or less in their new coaching deals."
Fair enough.

I wouldn't sign one but that's me.

I guess on short 2 year deals it makes little difference as you would expect to get through the first year at least but for longer term deals I cannot see why you would allow the clause in there.

I see the AFL's point though if they are footing the bill though. Moron boards just tossing darts at a board with a get of gaol free card given it all gets paid by someone else would get a bit old after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back