No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah piss off Eddie, you never were more than a prize goose that somehow slipped up through the cracks instead of down which is where you should have headed. Won't be missed at all.

Meanwhile a truly decent human being, Adam Goodes, just rises in stature with every passing year.

Last edited:
Yeah piss off Eddie, you never were more than a prize goose that somehow slipped up through the cracks instead of down which is where you should have headed. Won't be missed at all.

Meanwhile a truly decent human being, Adam Goodes, just rises in stature with every passing year.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bloated campaigner schmoozes his way into a role on the AFL commission. His ego will not allow himself to go away quietly.

That's probably one of the best in calling out his influence and the hypocrisy of AFL Commission on their inability to deal with it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bloated campaigner schmoozes his way into a role on the AFL commission. His ego will not allow himself to go away quietly.
That would be a complete disaster. I referenced his role in the Goodes affair, which disgusts me, but in terms of the AFL having any credibility as a professional sporting body, Eddie's conflicts of interest by holding multiple media roles while being Pies president is just shockingly Amateur Hour, and has always made the comp look as credible as some two-bit banana republic.

Saw Tony Armstrong on the news giving an AFL update, I only caught some of what he said due to background noise around me, but his facial expressions when talking about Eddie suggested he wasn't much of a fan (putting it lightly). Touched on the goodes issue etc. So obviously he shares similar views about the campaigner that most swans supporters would.

Btw. Congrats to Tony for carving out a bit of a media career post footy, always seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Saw Tony Armstrong on the news giving an AFL update, I only caught some of what he said due to background noise around me, but his facial expressions when talking about Eddie suggested he wasn't much of a fan (putting it lightly). Touched on the goodes issue etc. So obviously he shares similar views about the campaigner that most swans supporters would.

Btw. Congrats to Tony for carving out a bit of a media career post footy, always seemed like a genuinely good guy.
He is

With Eddie gone, who can I love to hate?

I mean, Dodoro is still there - but we need a new pantomime villain.

I love Dodoro still being there. He's been there as long as Essendon have been without finals wins, so call me superstitious, but he can stay as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Every villain in Batman says HAI!, Lux Luthor never wins not to mention poor old Wile E Coyote

I was an embarrassing number of years old when I finally put together that Wile E = Wiley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. Can you explain the King Kong stuff up. Its an aberration. Maybe he does. Just because he is a successful media personality doesn't exclude him from such things.
That's the issue right there. If King Kong was truly an aberration then it would be his only example of the racist within him manifesting itself in public.

It is an independent review... that means HQ and the big Victorian clubs don't determine the recommendations...
Hope you're right but isn't the AFL Commission supposed to be independent? They seem to like doing HQ's dirty work for them.

I presume the AFL is picking who'll do the review and picking up the tab for the review. I've seen a few of these things play out. Given it'll be the ceo and senior management's pay under review, nothing will surprise me.

If they choose someone or a group to conduct the review that isn't part of the Melbourne establishment I'll start to believe it might be independent.

Last edited:
AFL pre-seaon fixture released;

To the surprise of absolutely no one we play GWS at Blacktown Saturday 20 Feb (6.10 pm) and our second game (in Coff's Harbour) is against Collingwood on Wednesday 3 March (7.10pm).

Season proper starts 18 March, with the fixture list tba;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back