No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughh I was rooting for the 49ers, who also have red and white colours... oh well better luck next year I suppose.

And oh, I just get an eery feeling that the Swans will exceed expectations next year.

And oh, I just get an eery feeling that the Swans will exceed expectations next year.
So do I. Despite our squad being younger I believe we have greater depth.
* The now retired senior players were either not in the side, fighting injury or being picked on reputation. If one of the new experienced players can replace Jones we're even. If two of them become best 22 we are ahead.
* With all due respect to Rose, Pink, Hirst, Tucker and Cameron there's some real excitement with Stephens, Gould, Taylor, Warner and Rowles. You'd think at least one of them will be best 22 by seasons end.
* Recruitment of Brand and an injury free Maibaum (plus the developing O'Connor) will at the very least bring competition to the third tall defender role.
* Likewise Naismith's return and Knoll's ongoing development. Competition, competition.
* Ling is like an extra first round pick.

So do I. Despite our squad being younger I believe we have greater depth.
* The now retired senior players were either not in the side, fighting injury or being picked on reputation. If one of the new experienced players can replace Jones we're even. If two of them become best 22 we are ahead.
* With all due respect to Rose, Pink, Hirst, Tucker and Cameron there's some real excitement with Stephens, Gould, Taylor, Warner and Rowles. You'd think at least one of them will be best 22 by seasons end.
* Recruitment of Brand and an injury free Maibaum (plus the developing O'Connor) will at the very least bring competition to the third tall defender role.
* Likewise Naismith's return and Knoll's ongoing development. Competition, competition.
* Ling is like an extra first round pick.
My feeling exactly. Great raw material. However, melding a team from youngsters and newbies will be no small task.
I expect improvement this year but 2021 should be better still.

I'm curious as to the consequences on these proposals if the times aren't adhered to

i initially didnt like what happened ladt year, but I warmed to it. 3 a quarter is probably a good compromise.

Take DeGoey in a heartbeat
As I reckon any team in the comp would and whilst I agree with the sentiment of SG, if a player of DeGoey's talent did a Buddy and said he wanted to come to us and only us, we'd be crazy to say thanks but no thanks.

As I reckon any team in the comp would and whilst I agree with the sentiment of SG, if a player of DeGoey's talent did a Buddy and said he wanted to come to us and only us, we'd be crazy to say thanks but no thanks.

Especially if paps wants to go still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Goey is nothing compared to Buddy though. Bud was a consistent superstar when we went after him. De Goey is not a superstar (yet).

AFLW players are 9.2 times more likely to injure their knees than male players

Thats really bad stat as they dont even do this full time so they are mothers and have daily jobs.

AFLW players are 9.2 times more likely to injure their knees than male players

Thats really bad stat as they dont even do this full time so they are mothers and have daily jobs.

how much more likely to trip over a chain fence?

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY 0.1 0.2 1.3 1.3 (9)
GOLD COAST 1.0 1.2 1.2 1.2 (8)

the scores are whatever, afl scoring is not as high as it used to be

most of the games are just rolling scraps with no clear possession or they finally get and kick scrap to no where back and forth

but sydney will join soon, so woopie doo

bring on the actual season

the scores are whatever, afl scoring is not as high as it used to be

most of the games are just rolling scraps with no clear possession or they finally get and kick scrap to no where back and forth

but sydney will join soon, so woopie doo

bring on the actual season

Grounds are to big when women can only kick 25-30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back