No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god we don't have a president like that imbecile David Koch.

How does it help anyone by saying the coach will be sacked if you don't make finals?!
Bit harsh. Apparently it’s contractual that he continues into 2021 only if finals in 2020.

“...with a clause in Hinkley’s contract allowing for the 53-year-old to coach the senior team in 2021 only if the club achieves a top eight finish.”

Bit harsh. Apparently it’s contractual that he continues into 2021 only if finals in 2020.

“...with a clause in Hinkley’s contract allowing for the 53-year-old to coach the senior team in 2021 only if the club achieves a top eight finish.”

Imagine scrapping into 8th only to be blown away by 100 points in the first round of the finals

What is helped by Koch coming out, or answering a question, saying the coach will be gone if they miss the finals ... 3 weeks before the season starts?

There will be enough commentary in the media about it as it is, without Koch pouring petrol on it in order to big note himself.

What and he uses his involvement in Chanel 7s sunrise as example of his ‘winning’ attitude and belief. I better not tell him then that he is amongst the most cringeworthy people on TV. What an utter tool

He coaches Port not Essendon!
Nah even better:

Round 23. Port down by 5. Win the game make the 8. Port player marks the ball in the square. Final siren goes. Player lines up. Turns around and kicks it backwards to the centre square. Port players cheer and celebrate like they won their 2nd flag

Pretty dumb clause, really. You could coach badly but have no injuries and a miserable side makes the finals.

Or you could coach really well, but have a heap of key players injured. You do a great job bringing the young blokes along and your percentage shows you've been really competitive despite the injury toll, and you're automatically out the door.

Glad the Swans aren't that short sighted.

Am I right in saying that you, in principle, support the expansion & promotion of the game toward women but just dislike the product that has been produced at the moment? Is that what you are getting at mate?

I guess ultimately we are investing in the future of the sport and making it accessible for as many people as possible as a first, most important, feature... Only then should we focus on the visual IMO. Promoting accessibility as opposed to the visual product is what I think the AFL is focused on and something I agree with. People will play footy, even if it's low scoring. Girls want to play sport as much as boys do. No matter the score. They just want to play and be like their sporting idols.

IMO, once there has been uptake of the sport within a generation or two of players we might see them tinker with the model to better reflect the players as they adapt over time. The playing group itself is only new, give it time to grow more naturally and stop forcing it to expand too aggressively or alter the actual game to suit the here & now... Let's focus on the long term strength of the competition as opposed to the here & now. And the long term strength of the competition (& the quality) is going to be determined by the # intake of new players in the next 5-10 years (IMO).
Last weekend I watched several games of AFLW. I though the major problem was the umpiring. They are letting scrimages develop for long periods and then balling up. This slows the game down and contributes greatly to low scoring. They could have given over 100 Incorrect Disposal decisions but gave very few. If they had done this the play would have opened up

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely, im just wary of the afl running anything

womens footy
tasmanian footy
gold coast suns expansion
fixture
equalisation

et al
Yeah the obvious team to bring in if you expand on the Gold Coast would have been Southport. They have a huge membership base, licensed club, record of quality management, great training facilities and support of council

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back