No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent followed Swans news the whole preseason, what are the main points to get me up to date?

I havent followed Swans news the whole preseason, what are the main points to get me up to date?

- Heeney, Reid & Buddy were our main injury concerns. Heeney & Buddy particularly had injuries that restricted them for about a dozen weeks each, but Heeney made it back for the second Marsh game. Buddy is training now but a few weeks away at least. Reid more inconspicuous but only needs more training minutes before he'll be right to return. Previously injured blokes like Naismith, Sinclair and Cunningham all made successful returns in the Marsh games and got through unscathed, while Swans social media would also suggest Ling and Maibaum are tracking nicely at this early stage.

- Disappointing Marsh series. A 94 point loss to GWS where we kicked only 3 goals. Fairly self explanatory. An improved effort the next week against the Roos but still looked ordinary and lost, but we got a clearer idea of what our best 22 looked like (includes Gray, Taylor, Brand and possibly Stephens; excludes Gould, Warner, Bell, Stoddart and others.)

- Several young Swans have been hyped up, as per. Dawson did well in the time trials, impressive considering elite fitness isn't something he's been associated with. Hayward apparently went to another level with his training. Blakey was tipped by no less than JPK to have a breakout year. Gould and Stephens have been impressing on the track. Florent and Rowbottom been repeatedly mentioned as stand-outs, as well as the two most likely 'point of differences' in our midfield this year. Warner was talked up as a round one smokey but didn't look up to it yet on very early form.

- Mills & Buddy voted into the leadership group along with the three co-captains. No Papley or Heeney this year.

This is not good for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is certainly not helped by this being a match between the premiership favourite and one of the worst teams in the league.

This is certainly not helped by this being a match between the premiership favourite and one of the worst teams in the league.
True, hard to watch. Theres been old school Sean Connery bond films on another channel this week, im switching channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back