No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean kinda is. I don't like Richmond but I'd rather a great team like them win in a normal season than some pretender like Port do it in a compromised season.

Each season has its challenges for every team this is no different, 2020 winner will be just as much if not more worthy than a normal premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each season has its challenges for every team this is no different, 2020 winner will be just as much if not more worthy than a normal premiership.

BS

Look at Richmond and West Coast

Collingwood lose to GWS. GWS lose to North. North lose to us. We lose to the Bulldogs. Bulldogs lose to St Kilda. St Kilda lose to Collingwood.

Hawthorn lose to Geelong. Geelong lose to GWS. GWS lose to Bulldogs. Bulldogs lose to Collingwood. Collingwood draw with Richmond. Richmond lose to Hawthorn.

It's a ******* mess. It's not about form just about who can turn up on the day and be less s**t than their opponent. Some are in a resort in QLD, some are playing frequent scratch matches, others aren't, some are getting injured left right and centre because of the poor preparation, some clubs haven't even played in 2 weeks because of a false positive test. It's a shambles. Nothing about it is normal and the winner, even if it's us, will have stumbled arse backwards into a flag.

I've noticed something pretty curious. A lot of people across BF are saying that the season is meaningless, doesn't count and the premiership carries an asterisk.

And yet once the ball gets bounced the same people will watch the entire game closely and be no less invested in the outcome.

I've noticed something pretty curious. A lot of people across BF are saying that the season is meaningless, doesn't count and the premiership carries an asterisk.

And yet once the ball gets bounced the same people will watch the entire game closely and be no less invested in the outcome.
There is a clear and simple answer to this.

Football is, always has been and always will be meaningless.

Well duh! A win is a win and for a rebuilding side like us the outcomes actually do matter, because we need every win for confidence and growth that we can get.

However when the team goes up to collect their medals this year, it will be a Bradbury flag. And I suspect we won't even know it until we have a normal season again in 2021.

Well duh! A win is a win and for a rebuilding side like us the outcomes actually do matter, because we need every win for confidence and growth that we can get.

However when the team goes up to collect their medals this year, it will be a Bradbury flag. And I suspect we won't even know it until we have a normal season again in 2021.
Call it a Bradbury flag it goes down in the history books as no less than any other. And really the team that eventually wins won't win because of COVID making the comp into a roulette, it'd be because the club had the most adaptable game plan, most disciplined playing group, best conditioning staff etc. to manage the situation in a better way than 17 other clubs. It's the case in all other seasons just no one ever pays much attention to the off-field inputs that result in a premiership team.

Call it a Bradbury flag it goes down in the history books as no less than any other. And really the team that eventually wins won't win because of COVID making the comp into a roulette, it'd be because the club had the most adaptable game plan, most disciplined playing group, best conditioning staff etc. to manage the situation in a better way than 17 other clubs. It's the case in all other seasons just no one ever pays much attention to the off-field inputs that result in a premiership team.

Except it's not even remotely the same. A pandemic and it's ramifications will suit some clubs, and teams, and individuals better than others. So while it will be very admirable for the eventual premier to be the ones who got their s**t together the most, that ain't what the flag should be about. It's to decide the best football team of that year, not the best football team in a crisis.

Will it count officially? Yes.

Should it be written off in our collective memories? Yes.

Except it's not even remotely the same. A pandemic and it's ramifications will suit some clubs, and teams, and individuals better than others. So while it will be very admirable for the eventual premier to be the ones who got their sh*t together the most, that ain't what the flag should be about. It's to decide the best football team of that year, not the best football team in a crisis.

It's never a case of: "The best football team wins the flag" it's more "The team who wins the flag is the best football team". If you catch my drift.

Circumstances change every year, fixturing, rule changes, injuries, scandals etc. that affect some parties more than others. At the end of it all, one team ultimately comes out on top and they do it by playing and winning in football just as they will this year.

And hypothetically if we win, absolute not it's not a write-off. We'd all probably we saying "We were the best team in 2020, we all had to deal with the same circumstances and we emerged victoriously as the deserving premiers of 2020! And even if we get the spoon in 2021 we're still the best team of 2020 so shut the * up all you whinging troglodytes on the MB!" ;)

Except it's not even remotely the same. A pandemic and it's ramifications will suit some clubs, and teams, and individuals better than others. So while it will be very admirable for the eventual premier to be the ones who got their sh*t together the most, that ain't what the flag should be about. It's to decide the best football team of that year, not the best football team in a crisis.

You cant see the bigger picture, look at the circumstances how can you say whoever wins is not as deserving?

Sometimes the best team in a season doesnt win the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back