No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unhinged... or legitimately frustrated by Collingwood's unwillingness to take racism within the club seriously?

Both of those can be true statements

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Unhinged... or legitimately frustrated by Collingwood's unwillingness to take racism within the club seriously?
I think it can be both, the legitimate frustration could be causing him to act in a way that he wouldn't normally, lending to him being unhinged due to the racism that he faced. We all act in ways we regret when emotions take over.

In my own opinion I don't know enough to lay judgement on either the club or Lumumba, but I hope there's an outcome that doesn't unduly protect Collingwood.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Wow they’re getting serious NOW opening an independent investigation 10 years after the fact.

Buckley to player group

“Hey guys hands up all those that heard lumumba being called Chimp”.

That couldn’t happen 10 years ago? pretty disgraceful really. They all know the truth.

Accepting responsibility is part of the process of redemption for racist behaviours. If it costs a damage settlement it does. First you determine what’s right and it is right to be honest and truthful whatever the embarrassment and ultimately cost Bearing in mind this all started because of Eddie making those King Kong remarks and Lumumba taking issue that it was racist as it was. Own YOUR behaviour Eddie!!!!!

AFL gives green light to new footy boot technology.

Can the Swans put in a bulk order?

“It’s basically just a grip pad for the top of your slippery football boot,” co-founder Scott Ryan said to foxfooty.com.au.
“It’s designed to ensure the purchase on the footy from the top of your boot is as clean and strong as it can be, any conditions.”

Oh wow first game in 2 seasons?

Yep. I recall him being super close to debuting last year then re-injuring his hammy (?) I think it was. Also looked really good in the NEAFL. I was dubious about his hype during his draft year but he has talent no doubt, and should give the Suns a spark.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Izak Rankine debuting this week for the Suns. Good on him, talented kid whose had a sh*t run with injuries. Also completes the top ten from the 2018 super-draft all having debuted.
Only one player yet to debut from the top twenty of the Swans Not-so-Super draft of 2017: M. Ling.

Let's hope Matt follows Rankine's move soon.

Only one player yet to debut from the top twenty of the Swans Not-so-Super draft of 2017: M. Ling.

Let's hope Matt follows Rankine's move soon.

I recall believing the 2017 draft to be one of the weakest I'd seen and I feel like I'll be proven right. Not that I care really, as long as our boys from that year go OK.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I recall believing the 2017 draft to be one of the weakest I'd seen and I feel like I'll be proven right. Not that I care really, as long as our boys from that year go OK.
You might yet be proven a sage. When I was checking the top twenty a decent number of them have only played a handful of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back