No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it's a fear, but more of believing that his side could do some damage in September, when they really couldn't.

They picked Day with pick 13 last year, but their previous first rounders have been to acquire:

Wingard (Trade 2018, while giving up Ryan Burton in that trade, too)
Tom Mitchell (Trade 2016)
Jaegar O'Meara (Trade 2016)
Ryan Burton (Draft 2015)

They've used their first round selections to trade in ready made players, which suggests that they thought they could continue to contend or rebuild on the fly, like we have done. The difference is that when we rebuilt on the fly in 2009/10, we also had the likes of Jetta, Hanners, Rohan, Parker, Reid coming through, so we had young talent on the edge of the team.

Yeah you've really gotta have a good idea of where your list is at if you're gonna go big at the trade table. Hawthorn clearly didn't. *Sheds tear*

Used to be easy when Players would trip over themselves to play for Hawthorn, remember they were in the mix for Coniglio, Lynch and who knows what else.

It's a blessing in disguise for Hawthorn that Lynch/Coniglio didn't pick them. They'd continue to be in that cycle of finishing 5-8 and giving up their first draft choices. It would just be papering over the cracks.

But at the same time, I wish it would've happened!

God I love the North board, here they are talking about the Swans being impressive against Brisbane and over the last few weeks.

" They haven't had injuries or experimented anywhere near as much as we have, and they have a significant buffer with their academy gifts. "

If only I saw that comment this morning, it would have saved my trip up the shops to get some salt for my scrambled eggs.

Just picked up the indigenous gurnsey for $50 for the swans sale. That design is so good that I had to.

Stoked on the deals they're offering, kind of wonder why it's all discounted so much.

Just picked up the indigenous gurnsey for $50 for the swans sale. That design is so good that I had to.

Stoked on the deals they're offering, kind of wonder why it's all discounted so much.

Leaving ISC aren’t we?

With the stupidity of Leon Cameron dropping Coniglio, who is out if contract, there might be movement. It seems to me players are not happy at GWS. Cameron is not getting the best of a very talented group. There is talk Jeremy Cameron will be the next to be dropped. He is also out of contract. Gee, Jezza and Coniglio would both look very good in Red & White haha.

We would not have the ability to secure them and get even one Academy boy. But it is an interesting scenario.

These are the players out of contract at GWS:

Cameron
Coniglio
Finlayson
Corr
Lloyd
Perryman
Cumming
Buckley
Hateley
Stein
Caldwell
Briggs
DeBoar
Sherridan
O'Halloran
Langdon
Sproule
Williams

There are some pretty good players in that lot. Maybe we can snaffle a couple.

Oh I forgot Kelly's contract is only until the end of 2021

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the stupidity of Leon Cameron dropping Coniglio, who is out if contract, there might be movement. It seems to me players are not happy at GWS. Cameron is not getting the best of a very talented group. There is talk Jeremy Cameron will be the next to be dropped. He is also out of contract. Gee, Jezza and Coniglio would both look very good in Red & White haha.

We would not have the ability to secure them and get even one Academy boy. But it is an interesting scenario.

These are the players out of contract at GWS:

Cameron
Coniglio
Finlayson
Corr
Lloyd
Perryman
Cumming
Buckley
Hateley
Stein
Caldwell
Briggs
DeBoar
Sherridan
O'Halloran
Langdon
Sproule
Williams

There are some pretty good players in that lot. Maybe we can snaffle a couple.

Oh I forgot Kelly's contract is only until the end of 2021

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Coniglio signed a seven year deal for $7mn at the end of last year. Not sure he’s out of contract more just poor form.

Last edited:
Coniglio signed a seven year deal for $7mn at the end of last year. Not sure he’s out of contract more just poor form.
It was a message that failed to deliver the outcome.

He was just saying shape up, reputation means nothing, contract means nothing. Play good footy or sit.

Didn't quite work. Nearly...but no.

I honestly cannot recall a team that went from A to Z so quickly. There have been other falls from grace of course but reasons were plain to see.

This GWS side should be leading the thing not scrambling to make the dregs of the 8.

He was just saying shape up, reputation means nothing, contract means nothing. Play good footy or sit.

I honestly cannot recall a team that went from A to Z so quickly. There have been other falls from grace of course but reasons were plain to see.

This GWS side should be leading the thing not scrambling to make the dregs of the 8.

swansfan51 reguarly posts a stat teams that get smashed in Grand Finals perform poorly the following year.

GWS had a culture from Leon Cameron that was basically "we are so talented that will carry us to flags". They forgot how to work. Look at the game against us as a prime example. The GWS model to beat Sydney was always, beat them at the contested ball OR tackle pressure until their handball game comes unstuck then get it to our outside players and carve them up with run or foot skills. The GWS players didn't want to win the ball. They all sat off waiting for the easy handball out and to push forward. They didn't want to do the hard work.

Cameron has lost the players. Has the talent but they have no drive. Either in the GF smashing or the whole COVID thing but he has lost them. Sheedy was the best first coach but Cameron seems to have been a bad replacement.

Being belted in grand finals can hurt teams for years after. It took Port many years after the 07 bath they received at the hand of the Cats.

GWS had a culture from Leon Cameron that was basically "we are so talented that will carry us to flags". They forgot how to work. Look at the game against us as a prime example. The GWS model to beat Sydney was always, beat them at the contested ball OR tackle pressure until their handball game comes unstuck then get it to our outside players and carve them up with run or foot skills. The GWS players didn't want to win the ball. They all sat off waiting for the easy handball out and to push forward. They didn't want to do the hard work.

Cameron has lost the players. Has the talent but they have no drive. Either in the GF smashing or the whole COVID thing but he has lost them. Sheedy was the best first coach but Cameron seems to have been a bad replacement.

Apparently it was actually at it's worst in his first few years. In 2014/2015/2016, GWS players would literally get into verbal arguments over roles, and senior players threw tantrums when selection didn't go their way. A bunch of elite juniors used to being the star player in their teen years not liking having to make sacrifices or adjust their games in any way. And Cameron and the coaching staff just turned a blind eye to it so as to not upset their highly coveted talent.

Basically bred a culture of entitlement that is very hard to change.

Apparently it was actually at it's worst in his first few years. In 2014/2015/2016, GWS players would literally get into verbal arguments over roles, and senior players threw tantrums when selection didn't go their way. A bunch of elite juniors used to being the star player in their teen years not liking having to make sacrifices or adjust their games in any way. And Cameron and the coaching staff just turned a blind eye to it so as to not upset their highly coveted talent.

Basically bred a culture of entitlement that is very hard to change.
A Ferrari can be a s**t car if you use the wrong fuel and oil. And in this case it's the coaching staff

Adam Curley sacked from AFL Media was their man in NSW , a couple others to go, but i think that rat Barrett keeps his job.
IF you get more clicks writing bullshit than doing AFL coverage in non-AFL states...
THEN you get to keep your job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back