Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty confident in both matchups to be honest. Bullfrogs defence is suspect and will certainly give the likes of Butler and Membrey a chance to be dangerous. If Wallis and Naughton are out, that’ll be a big plus for us as they are their two most prominent forwards, would only leave them with Bruce as a key target HAHA. Colling wobbles are very banged up, missing a stack of key players and not in great form but still think they can roll us if Pendlebury has a field day and Maynard, Moore and co lock down Membrey, Butler and King. Just hope we don’t do what we did against west coast and s**t the bed. Oh well time will tell.

Dees got a $50 000 fine ( nothing suspended) as they’ve had a previous breach and Bennell being sent home asap. Together with having to make a public apology for the groping incident and failing to make finals, their season has come to a pretty inglorious end.

And just an aside on all the fines the AFL have got from the offending clubs - they’ve probably made more $$$ than vicpol have from mask - and curfew dodgers over the past few weeks!

Yes, he probably played a better game than Hill again this week… I don't think freo fans will be complaining about these supposed "classic acres games" as his current output is elite…

He looks great the way they use him, just give him freedom to run anywhere.

Yes, he probably played a better game than Hill again this week… I don't think freo fans will be complaining about these supposed "classic acres games" as his current output is elite…
I like how kicking it at 65% and mainly going for long bombs to no one at Freo is elite but if it was us he would be a liability.

Wasn’t he a better recruit than Hill last week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought he was pretty good again yesterday
Really hope he rips it up at Freo over the next few years

I like how kicking it at 65% and mainly going for long bombs to no one at Freo is elite but if it was us he would be a liability.
15 kicks @67%, 500 MG, 9 marks, 4 i50's, 4 SI, 2 clearances.

Pretty close to the kind of numbers that enticed us to give up a kings ransom for Hill, also well above the output we have seen from Hill this year.

Ironic that he was the steak knives in the deal.

Pretty close to the kind of numbers that enticed us to give up a kings ransom for Hill, also well above the output we have seen from Hill this year.

He has had a good month but he is a long way off being an elite player. He still has all the deficiencies that he has always had.

His kicking is still not great, and has been discussed on here many times this year, getting meters gained by just bombing the ball long to no one is not what you want your players doing. Yet, thats a big part of Acres game.

No Hill = No Ryder
No Ryder = Marshall solo ruck
Marshall solo ruck = King smashed by defenders

New players, especially those that have to receive the ball vs winning it themselves, ALWAYS take time to settle in. Look at Tim Kelly for the Eagles. Only hitting his straps in the last 4-5 weeks and he is a contested pig.

Hill will justify his deal by the time it's all done.

Acres looks again but still so many awful kicks and turnovers. Give me a bloke who can hit a team mate on the tit every day

I reckon Hill has been pretty bad with his kicking as well. It used to be one of his strengths.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he was never going to get a go with us. Longmire was smart enough to use him to make the most of what he does well. He's a lot more physical than Hill and his loping run makes him hard to tackle or stop. He's actually quite creative and seems to do some really left field things that break lines.

I reckon he was never going to get a go with us. Longmire was smart enough to use him to make the most of what he does well. He's a lot more physical than Hill and his loping run makes him hard to tackle or stop. He's actually quite creative and seems to do some really left field things that break lines.
Love watching his long forward hand balls. Changes the angles so well with them.

And yet so close to someone who not only can't get a game but is relentless canned on this forum

14 possessions @ 57.1%, 4 marks, 5 i50's, 4 r50's, 483 metres gained, 4 score involvements and 2 shots on goal.

Look at Hill's move from the Hawks to Freo.

He went from ave about 20 touches a game playing wing/hff to getting about 24 touches a game as a full time winger.

Knock 20% game time off this year and the expectation should be back down to that 20 odd touch game he was getting at the Hawks.

He is ave 16 so he is under performing in terms of stats but we could say the same for Billings, Ross, Carlisle, Geary and Membrey. Add in the loss of Gresham, the rebuilt midfield and forward lines, the statistically bizarre season of Josh Battle playing every position on the ground and add in a dash of new coach/gameplan being built on the run due to lack of cohesive team training and it's crazy that we are performing as well as we are.

Turn around those 4 close games (North, Freo, Brisbane, Melbourne) and we are equal top with port and Brisbane.

I would love Hill to have 30 and kick 3 and dominate the finals but if the team keeps winning then the stats mean SFA.

He went from ave about 20 touches a game playing wing/hff to getting about 24 touches a game as a full time winger.

Knock 20% game time off this year and the expectation should be back down to that 20 odd touch game he was getting at the Hawks.

He is ave 16 so he is under performing in terms of stats but we could say the same for Billings, Ross, Carlisle, Geary and Membrey. Add in the loss of Gresham, the rebuilt midfield and forward lines, the statistically bizarre season of Josh Battle playing every position on the ground and add in a dash of new coach/gameplan being built on the run due to lack of cohesive team training and it's crazy that we are performing as well as we are.

Turn around those 4 close games (North, Freo, Brisbane, Melbourne) and we are equal top with port and Brisbane.

I would love Hill to have 30 and kick 3 and dominate the finals but if the team keeps winning then the stats mean SFA.

I tend to agree with that. Ratts is more about system than individual brilliance which is why an average list can nearly go top of the ladder. One thing I really noticed in the Giants game you could see we look for long options every time. We have close in options and they are provided to draw players back down the field but there is always some one long to go to in space and we take the risk on that 9 times out of 10. It doesn't pad stats with cheap one two plays. Our guys don't rack up 30 meaningless touches, most of our play is direct and no nonsense.

Apparently has a 91% approval rating yet everyone I know who lives there can’t stand him.
StCicatriz ?

91% is accurate. people love him here. i'm yet to meet someone who doesn't like him. even die hard liberal voters love the bloke.

those over east can't stand him though due to the banter in press conferences.

gotta give him credit he and his team have managed this thing perfectly. our economy is actually going really well.

I know, I have a son there. But they want their borders opened.

actually the majority want them kept closed. i think there's a fair bit of hysteria on keeping them closed now to all states, but alas i think its a minor issue for people in WA

this was actually one of the errors mcgowan made early, he didnt use the strength of isolation in WAs favor. since he corrected that, everythings gone back to normal pretty damn quick.

things are starting to really grow here. houses here seem to be flying off the shelf and selling. mining is going great. theres been a bigger focus on buying local and keeping jobs in regional areas. it's been quite good.

it would be nice to get back to borders being open but i think mcgowan will be super cautious.

91% is accurate. people love him here. i'm yet to meet someone who doesn't like him. even die hard liberal voters love the bloke.

those over east can't stand him though due to the banter in press conferences.

gotta give him credit he and his team have managed this thing perfectly. our economy is actually going really well.

He's a bit like Ardern, just doing the right thing by his people instead of chasing the bucks and by not chasing the bucks is not losing bucks like others are. Just a little bit jealous.

Ah you're one of them... got it.

But stats & player ratings are more important than anything... aren't they?

He's a bit like Ardern, just doing the right thing by his people instead of chasing the bucks and by not chasing the bucks is not losing bucks like others are. Just a little bit jealous.

the guy is smart, very smart and seems to know how to move public opinion too

he's a lawyer who came up through the ranks in the navy here. became a rockingham councilor and mayor. then became premier.

he has a smart team around him to, ben wyatt is seriously unsung and one of the best things that happened to the state was he re-negged on his resignation.

the health minister roger cook goes ok too.

the liberal party here are an absolute shambles right now. like embarrassingly bad. mainly due to the influence of the feds and wanting them to pitch their agenda.

for example lisa harvey the new opposition leader was across all forms of media stating the borders should be re-opened because there has been no community spread in australia. she was pushed to support scomo and support clives legal action to re-open them. so she did so.

since then melbourne exploded. the libs have been absolutely smashed by the general public here and they were forced to back track. but it was too late, the evidence the federal government presented for clive couldn't be struck out. which then turned into clive suing the state for 30 billion in damages.

they got absolutely wiped out in the last election and only have like < 10 seats. maybe 8 if they're lucky. you couldn't believe it, but it's going to get worse for them.

they might retain some of the blue chip seats like cottesloe, but even that might be close.

oh and the next state election is only 6 months away!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back