Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But stats & player ratings are more important than anything... aren't they?

I reckon Blake has played a more eye catching style than Hill and also has had the higher highs in his games in 2020. Hill stood up last game though and looked like he was prepared to play like a leader. If he steps up in finals it will go a long way to proving his worth.

the guy is smart, very smart and seems to know how to move public opinion too

he's a lawyer who came up through the ranks in the navy here. became a rockingham councilor and mayor. then became premier.

he has a smart team around him to, ben wyatt is seriously unsung and one of the best things that happened to the state was he re-negged on his resignation.

the health minister roger cook goes ok too.

the liberal party here are an absolute shambles right now. like embarrassingly bad. mainly due to the influence of the feds and wanting them to pitch their agenda.

for example lisa harvey the new opposition leader was across all forms of media stating the borders should be re-opened because there has been no community spread in australia. she was pushed to support scomo and support clives legal action to re-open them. so she did so.

since then melbourne exploded. the libs have been absolutely smashed by the general public here and they were forced to back track. but it was too late, the evidence the federal government presented for clive couldn't be struck out. which then turned into clive suing the state for 30 billion in damages.

they got absolutely wiped out in the last election and only have like < 10 seats. maybe 8 if they're lucky. you couldn't believe it, but it's going to get worse for them.

they might retain some of the blue chip seats like cottesloe, but even that might be close.

oh and the next state election is only 6 months away!!!!

The whole coalition has got too friendly with the mining industry and the WA party has probably been infiltrated as hard as any. It makes them make dumb decisions that are unpopular in tough times. The feds going all out to give everything to the gas lobby is pure insanity. They are literally robbing us already. It's like giving the mafia access to your bank accounts because they are already blackmailing you.

Clive Palmer is so completely un-self aware, he actually believes he's popular amongst the general public. He's a classic robber baron but thinks he's Robin Hood despite being the reverse of it.

No I said a better recruit. Season long. As a couple have claimed.

Hill is competing against 4 draft picks AND Acres for value.

Acres was injured, then dropped for being average and is still ahead of Hill in most meaningful areas for the year… Brad is improving but has it all to do, hopefully he finds another gear.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.55.22 am.png

The whole coalition has got too friendly with the mining industry and the WA party has probably been infiltrated as hard as any. It makes them make dumb decisions that are unpopular in tough times. The feds going all out to give everything to the gas lobby is pure insanity. They are literally robbing us already. It's like giving the mafia access to your bank accounts because they are already blackmailing you.

Clive Palmer is so completely un-self aware, he actually believes he's popular amongst the general public. He's a classic robber baron but thinks he's Robin Hood despite being the reverse of it.

yeah Clive's a big issue and its scary how much the federal Liberal party are ok with him

turns out his whole border thing was just a path to the 30 billion litigation. it all goes back to the previous State Liberal government who struck a heads of agreement with Clive to build a mine here. before he could build it he had to submit a proposal and work with the state government to satisfy the conditions. literally ever company or business person who reaches this stage just does what the state government wants because they're going to make money hand over fist. so Clive submits his proposal. its seriously bad. so the state says look you didn't even try to do this, what the hell? they then get word that Clive never intends to own the mine but instead flog it off to overseas investors, so the Liberal government turns around says "you know what, we are backing out of this, you have no intention of satisying any of the terms." so clive takes the liberals to court. court says, you can't just back out, you need to give him a chance to correct the proposal and work with him. they tell him what he needs to fix.

THAT WAS OVER 4 YEARS AGO. government has yet to hear back from him. the state government changed. McGowan comes in. still haven't heard from him.

Clive spends millions on the federal election. still haven't heard from him.

Covid hits. Palmer buys millions in that stupid ass malaria drug he thinks can cure it. tries to come over here to flog it off. also tries to meet with some prospective party members. problem is we have a hard border. Clive doesn't even bother applying. gets here fills out a form and just completely messed up the form, with the pilot as his wife and his wife a he and all kinds of stupid s**t. so they turn him away.

then he starts his border stance. and this is where the truth comes out. day 1 of legal negotiation between his lawyers and the government. "we will drop the border case, if you agree to pay damages on that mine site application way back years and year ago... oh and btw the damages are 30 billion"

states annual revenue: 30 billion.

blokes an absolute parasite.

We finish 4 goals off top spot and people want to focus on the negatives of a trade?

You people are masochists haha

We finish 4 goals off top spot and people want to focus on the negatives of a trade?

You people are masochists haha
They're not mutually exclusive though… I can simultaneously enjoy our improvement AND still discuss/critique the good and bad elements of our most recent trade period.

It doesn't impact my excitement for the upcoming final at all. :thumbsu:

Some folk just seem to frown upon any kind of critical discussion when the club is going okay.

I reckon Blake has played a more eye catching style than Hill and also has had the higher highs in his games in 2020. Hill stood up last game though and looked like he was prepared to play like a leader. If he steps up in finals it will go a long way to proving his worth.

Hill’s last few games have been pretty good - he’s coming into form at the right time and maybe the team is becoming more familiar with the way he plays.
He’s going to be with us for years.

Gringo, you have to stop torturing yourself with the rearview mirror spectacles.

Hill’s last few games have been pretty good - he’s coming into form at the right time and maybe the team is becoming more familiar with the way he plays.
He’s going to be with us for years.

Gringo, you have to stop torturing yourself with the rearview mirror spectacles.

All will be forgiven when they win me a premiership. I'm quite fair like that.

I'm not greedy, but I absolutely expect, neigh… demand a three-peat.

Thought this was a typo at first but then I saw your display pic...

3 isn't enough though. That puts us on par with the Dogs and Crows. I'd like to at least get to the Swans (5) if not beat them.

Would also see us break the Pies streak ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me how Port Adelaide are on top of the ladder? (Well alright second for now) They've only lost 3 games or something?

Whatever makes them so good, it's not apparent. I remember when we played they they had that period where we couldn't get it out of their F50, but I can't really define what it is that had made them successful this year.

Can someone explain to me how Port Adelaide are on top of the ladder? (Well alright second for now) They've only lost 3 games or something?

Whatever makes them so good, it's not apparent. I remember when we played they they had that period where we couldn't get it out of their F50, but I can't really define what it is that had made them successful this year.

They're probably gonna be the most uninspiring minor premiers ever. I don't think they're even faves for the flag.

Just done enough the whole year.

Where do we start?
They’ve had more home games than most other teams.
They sit comfortably in the top half for Free kick ratio

I see Carlton has delisted 5 players, amongst them Ben Silvagni. I thought he was supposed to be more talented than his older brother?
Hugh Goddard delisted too.

I see Carlton has delisted 5 players, amongst them Ben Silvagni. I thought he was supposed to be more talented than his older brother?
Hugh Goddard delisted too.

Feel bad for Hugh, started out pretty decent but never came back properly from his Achilles injury.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit sad for Goddard, injury took its toll. Bit of a sharp fall for someone once briefly touted at as a no.1draft pick. Hope the next phase of his life is more successful.
Was so excited when we first picked Paddy then Hugh got to pick 21.
Thought, bookends for 10 years.
Now we have King and Howard

Was so excited when we first picked Paddy then Hugh got to pick 21.
Thought, bookends for 10 years.
Now we have King and Howard

It's funny how you can look back at different eras of how good we thought our future spine was.

White/Lee/McEvoy/Simpkin/Lever :poo:

McCartin/Bruce/Longer/Goddard :drunk:

King/Battle/Marshall/Coffield/Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back