Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised this isn’t a bigger story, Pridham and the big clubs are pushing for consolidation/relocation of Victorian clubs. Absolutely integral we have our sh*t together off field in every aspect moving forward or we are in serious danger.
I agree. The threat can never be dismissed permanently. So long as we're one of the smaller clubs there will always be the threat of relocation.

In the near future I doubt it will happen to us after the government just helped finance the RSEA Park redevelopment.

But we won't ever be far from the chopping block until we undergo a transformation similar to Richmond or Hawthorn. The only thing that can save us being relocated are more viable candidates.

I'd be pretty worried if I were a Victoria-based North Melbourne fan.

Surprised this isn’t a bigger story, Pridham and the big clubs are pushing for consolidation/relocation of Victorian clubs. Absolutely integral we have our sh*t together off field in every aspect moving forward or we are in serious danger.

Resulting from covid the reduction in teams is inevitable during the recovery phase. I can certainly see St Kilda involved in a merger or relocation. Take your pick. North the most likely team to relocate. I’m expecting St Kilda to merge with another Victorian based club.

Resulting from covid the reduction in teams is inevitable during the recovery phase. I can certainly see St Kilda involved in a merger or relocation. Take your pick. North the most likely team to relocate. I’m expecting St Kilda to merge with another Victorian based club.
If it does happen will never watch another second of AFL in my life

If it does happen will never watch another second of AFL in my life

Don’t get sucked in by the vocal minority mate. The facts are the game is in incredible shape. I know it’s not a normal year but the ratings are through the roof, rugby isn’t even in the same stratosphere. You wouldn’t think it with the constant negativity from commentators and media people about the spectacle of the game but nothing is going to change. We might be in a bit of debt but we make the AFL a lot of money simply by existing.

Both horrible outcomes but I would take a merger over relocation.
Few clubs before us I think
AFL would lose many supporters if they go down this track

Few clubs before us I think
AFL would lose many supporters if they go down this track

Yep, the A league suffers from a lack of competition and can't move forward. I remember the Blues wanted a super league and Kennett always wants to cut all the poor teams out. Playing the same side once every 4 weeks hardly sounds like riveting viewing.

Don’t get sucked in by the vocal minority mate. The facts are the game is in incredible shape. I know it’s not a normal year but the ratings are through the roof, rugby isn’t even in the same stratosphere. You wouldn’t think it with the constant negativity from commentators and media people about the spectacle of the game but nothing is going to change. We might be in a bit of debt but we make the AFL a lot of money simply by existing.

This year the AFL has lost over 400 million in revenue & clubs around 10 million each.

I would merge us with Hawthorn, call us the St.Kilda Saints, wear red white and black and home base at Linton st.
I’d go with Melbourne. Their mids with our flankers woweeee.

I'm with you there, I will stop following the sport.
We need to be a 60k membership in the next couple of years, we are doing a lot right

We need to be a 60k membership in the next couple of years, we are doing a lot right

And it’s essential we build on this year. Can’t afford to drop off. Would hate to be near the bottom of the ladder at a time like this. This cannot be a false dawn ( which I don’t believe it is.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both horrible outcomes but I would take a merger over relocation.
Would never give a s**t about league footy ever again.

Would go watch Williamstown. My grandfather played for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back