Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Port win to put a bigger gap between us and the Dogs.

Definitely rather put a gap between us and those below.
But will Port do the right thing by us? Surely they’re not going to lose two in a row at home?

Feel a bit sorry for Bruce right now, their kicking going forward us woeful. Must seem like he's back at St Kilda in 2018.

He's still struggling to get front position though. Doesn't seem as fit as normal.

He doesn’t seem to be working up the ground. Maybe fitness or coaches direction? Either way it’s not working. He looks incredibly out of touch & unfit. Doesn’t help that the Dogs skills are deplorable. They can find the footy but gee they butcher it.

Feel a bit sorry for Bruce right now, their kicking going forward us woeful. Must seem like he's back at St Kilda in 2018.

He's still struggling to get front position though. Doesn't seem as fit as normal.

well during his pre-season he said he was very fit and he said that it was sooooooooo different to being at the saints, that it was soooooo much better being at the bulldogs

He doesn’t seem to be working up the ground. Maybe fitness or coaches direction? Either way it’s not working. He looks incredibly out of touch & unfit. Doesn’t help that the Dogs skills are deplorable. They can find the footy but gee they butcher it.

His timing is way out too and it's causing him to drop his marks. Bulldogs doing him no favours by playing him as the deepest forward. I agree he needs to be up the ground more where he can mark on the lead. Sad to watch him struggle because I liked watching him at the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have more faith than me.

I'm considering every possible way we could miss out on finals just so im prepared.
Nah I get it, can definitely understand some thinking that way.

I see it as a possible chance to move even higher up the ladder. If the competition evens itself out and we keep winning we will be in a better position than the teams above us continuing to win. We need to take care of business irrespective of either scenario but at least we will have opportunities to move up if teams above us lose.

Bruce finishes with 1 kick 1 hand pass and 1 mark.

He was on the ground for 94 out of 103 mins.

Didn’t see the game but completely baffled by that. Not enjoying that either, he really put in for us and seemed really well liked in the group.

C1AC77B4-B7C9-4B7A-9C0C-9992BBD6F061.jpg 4DBAF15C-D2D4-4438-A42D-7B1F85211456.jpg 3E54B7D0-3FAB-49A8-915A-55672659645A.jpg 31E1DBBA-E03D-4584-B968-B9943D0C2945.jpg

Last edited:
Must be all that better training at the Bulldogs
The funny thing is i actually think he'd be playing alright for us if he was in our team this year.

With Roma spending time as a third tall target it would seriously take the load off of him being the main man.

Meanwhile Naughton is out injured and Bevo is back on the pingers not playing Schache so Bruce is left in the goal square with his dick in his hand and two 195cm defenders standing either side of him as the ball comes in with the trajectory of an artillery shell.

They've seriously lost the plot at the kennel. Bevo flukes a flag from 7th and they're letting him control the place like he's Alastair Clarkson with zero accountability. He doesn't have half the runs on the board that Clarko has and even Clarko has led the hawks astray. Imagine the damage they're letting him do down there through his insane selection alone.

The funny thing is i actually think he'd be playing alright for us if he was in our team this year.

With Roma spending time as a third tall target it would seriously take the load off of him being the main man.

Meanwhile Naughton is out injured and Bevo is back on the pingers not playing Schache so Bruce is left in the goal square with his dick in his hand and two 195cm defenders standing either side of him as the ball comes in with the trajectory of an artillery shell.

They've seriously lost the plot at the kennel. Bevo flukes a flag from 7th and they're letting him control the place like he's Alastair Clarkson with zero accountability. He doesn't have half the runs on the board that Clarko has and even Clarko has led the hawks astray. Imagine the damage they're letting him do down there through his insane selection alone.

I had this idea that he'd fly at the Dogs, they have one of the best midfields in the comp. For some reason they seem to have started playing like us under Richo, their forward 50 entries are absolutely woeful, Naughton couldn't get a touch when playing either and he's obviously a potential superstar.

Guys like Macrae are so much worse than they were, I watched a bit of last nights game and he went backwards at one point and turned it over to a Port player for a goal. He looked like Seb Ross has looked in 2020.

They are using Bailey Smith as their prime mover mid and while he's winning ball and fast he's turning it over, or sides have worked out how to pick him off. Bont just does Bont things but seems to play for himself and chooses when he will put the turbo on.

To me they are a mystery, they have a much stronger top end and middle core than us but lack some good talls, have a potential elite ruck, top mids with experience, high scoring small forwards etc. I can't work out why they aren't going better than us to be honest. Put the two sides next to each other and most neutrals would think they'd be the better side. Ratts has to get credit for what he's been ding so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back