Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe now he realises why we made him do all those extra running sessions.

I thought it was a bad look when he'd filmed himself staying up the NSW coast on holiday instead of staying in Melbs and doing the training load with new teammates in ISO. If I was at a new club I'd be sticking close and trying to bond. They ignore his leads a lot and you'd think maybe they don't like him or don't know how to use him.

It's an interesting disussion, my brother is a Bulldogs supporter and is starting to lose faith with Bevo and the boys.

I pretty much tell him to pull his head in because of their recent success but I guess you get hungry for more.

Question is, how long do you give a coach if he struggles after winning a grand final for the club? I say to myself if we got one premiership I would give everyone a free pass for 5 years but that may be too generous.

I thought it was a bad look when he'd filmed himself staying up the NSW coast on holiday instead of staying in Melbs and doing the training load with new teammates in ISO. If I was at a new club I'd be sticking close and trying to bond. They ignore his leads a lot and you'd think maybe they don't like him or don't know how to use him.
I noticed his leads being ignored too and then they just kick long to a congested forward line.
He struggled at the Saints when we continually dropped the ball on his head and that seems to be happening regularly at the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs handball more than any other team (followed closely by Melbourne-The Richo effect. Not working well for them either!) in the competition and as a result it doesn't seem to get into their forward line quick enough. He's terribly out of form but I reckon even Josh Kennedy would have difficulty kicking goals in their forward line at the moment.

The funny thing is i actually think he'd be playing alright for us if he was in our team this year.

With Roma spending time as a third tall target it would seriously take the load off of him being the main man.

Meanwhile Naughton is out injured and Bevo is back on the pingers not playing Schache so Bruce is left in the goal square with his dick in his hand and two 195cm defenders standing either side of him as the ball comes in with the trajectory of an artillery shell.

They've seriously lost the plot at the kennel. Bevo flukes a flag from 7th and they're letting him control the place like he's Alastair Clarkson with zero accountability. He doesn't have half the runs on the board that Clarko has and even Clarko has led the hawks astray. Imagine the damage they're letting him do down there through his insane selection alone.

well we were wanting Bevo. and we fluked a flag i couldn't care what happens for the next 10 years.

It's an interesting disussion, my brother is a Bulldogs supporter and is starting to lose faith with Bevo and the boys.

I pretty much tell him to pull his head in because of their recent success but I guess you get hungry for more.

Question is, how long do you give a coach if he struggles after winning a grand final for the club? I say to myself if we got one premiership I would give everyone a free pass for 5 years but that may be too generous.

free pass for 5 years before i would begin to complain.

You’re too easily pleased - after the years of waiting and pain we’ve gone through, nothing less than back-to-back flags will do!

Last edited:
We seem to be one of the only clubs that made it compulsory to training with a different player every time to build that connection.

Im surprised the dogs media department ticked off a news story about their player holidaying in some random NSW town during a time when everyone was meant to be isolating in their place of residence.

Tend to agree. Am just that desperate for one premiership for our club before I leave this earth.
But I think it's worth considering the list any coach has had at their disposal when winning a flag and therefore any follow up success or not!

The fact that that Bevo took that team to a flag has got to give him extra credits say compared to other coaches performance with the players they have at their disposal eg Leon Cameron. That Bulldogs side that won the flag on ability alone was won of the worst premiership sides I have seen since Collingwood in 1990. So the fact he got them to win one with an average list has got to give him extra credits.

They have come back to their true level since but I still shake my head that side won a flag in 2016. Which should give our supporters some hope that anything is possible when you get that belief and momentum in a given season. No reason our current side couldn't achieve something similar in the next year or two. It's all about taking your chances something our club has never been that good at even when we had much stronger lists say during the 2000's. A bit of luck and some Charmed umpiring interpretations helped the Bulldogs enormously too. Twas just a case of all the planets aligning for those lucky bastards. Something which we are more than overdue for.
Not holding my breath about the umps doing us any favours. But general luck, belief, momentum and a lack of injuries are needed for us to finally scale the heights for the holy grail.

You’re too easily pleased - after the years of waiting and pain we’ve gone through, nothing less than back-to-back flags will do!
yes, i am very easily pleased once i get the flag. i would be most happy to just relive live for 5 years .

We seem to be one of the only clubs that made it compulsory to training with a different player every time to build that connection.

Im surprised the dogs media department ticked off a news story about their player holidaying in some random NSW town during a time when everyone was meant to be isolating in their place of residence.

didn't even know they did that. thats a very different take to what the saints did

well we were wanting Bevo. and we fluked a flag i couldn't care what happens for the next 10 years.
I know I'm in the minority of Saints fans, but I wouldn't be satisfied with a one-off fluke win like the Bulldogs'. It'd be nice, obviously, and great for the club. But I want an era of domination, like Cats, Hawks, Eagles, even Tigers. Not necessarily premierships every year but 5-10 years of top 4 and a sprinkling of cups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can Riewoldt hop on the back of his opponent and get nowhere near it without a free. Awful umpiring.
That Riewoldt one and then the turd gets a goal just bs no wonder the tigers run around big noting and smiling all night

Don't know if it's bias or incompetence but it's inexcusable

It's become the norm now and I hate it. They're just murdering it

Has always been the norm, this is just "highlighting" since you're condensing everything in like 10 less minutes. "Mistakes" or things you don't like, stick out like dogs balls, since there's less time to have it lost in "gee, that was exiting/great/I liked that" moments.

Has always been the norm, this is just "highlighting" since you're condensing everything in like 10 less minutes. "Mistakes" or things you don't like, stick out like dogs balls, since there's less time to have it lost in "gee, that was exiting/great/I liked that" moments.

Nah I'd say it's been getting worse for a long time, it's not like a switch was flicked this season.
Saying that the new interpretations and mid-season changes just turn it into a confusing mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back