Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching Brayshaw against North. Only just going.
Goodwin has destroyed his confidence.

How many top ten picks have Melbourne done that to?
God so many. There should really be a class action lawsuit.

I wanted to actually make a list of players then realised I didn't care that much.

Newnes has been fairly handy for Carlton this year. Good on him.

I think we all knew, realistically, that Newnes would go OK at Carlton - he has plenty of footy left in him, is a competent player, but ultimately wasn't what we needed to progress under Ratten. If he'd re-signed with us, he would have been depth, and maybe we miss out on a Butler.

I'm a little surprised that he's been by far the best of our discards thus far, as I did expect Bruce to do far better at WB (whereas, he seems to have gone the Dimmies and VB during the shutdown).

He’s made a few kicking errors but he is looking pretty good. Breaks the lines & finding plenty of leather.

Any Judd comparison sounds exciting. His WCE era was something to behold. His ability to burst from packs and set up or score goals made me drool like Bruce McEvaney holding a picture of Rankine dressed as Cyril Rioli. The Carlton era shat on his legacy but he was some player back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup. They beat the Giants as well. Freo beat us & the Pies. It’s been a strange year. I think results will become more predictable though.

Yeah Tigers and Eagles starting to storm up the ladder. We just have to hold ourselves up.

Yeah Tigers and Eagles starting to storm up the ladder. We just have to hold ourselves up.

If we lose by under a goal we hold third spot going into next round.

I’m finding it difficult to judge our performance against the Suns. I can’t work out if we held form or had a dip. The Cats game will tell us how we are travelling.

I’m finding it difficult to judge our performance against the Suns. I can’t work out if we held form or had a dip. The Cats game will tell us how we are travelling.

With teams off a 4 and 5 day break I’m not expecting a thing of beauty. Hope we’re up for a hard scrap.

Even the Cats will be hard to read, lesser squad, short break, fatigue etc. If we win it it will say heaps though.

If you look at our recent history against Gold Coast, a tough game was a given.

The list demographic at GCS is very similar to ours - they went in with 48 games more experience than us (and a couple more 100+ gamers), are stacked with high first-rounders, and, like us, have a young, speedy list. Looking purely at their list, they should probably have beaten us by 2-3 goals.

In many ways, I'd say they are the most direct comparison to us, and being able to do them in a tight game, speaks volumes that Ratten is getting quality performances out of our list.

They also have a game in hand. They are playing a ‘mini-final’ against the Pies next round. Winner takes 8th spot for the time being.
Collingwood will be hoping Pendles is back. He changes their side completely.

Hard to believe Melbourne could be in the 8 with how poor they look every time they go inside 50.

Im looking forward to the media pumping them up all week after back-to-back wins against Adelaide and North.

Watch it twice. A very good game. Suns had a dip and nullified our mids, sat on Jones all night. We would get a break and they would haul us back in, they got on top in the last, we rally.
The defence was under extreme pressure when we were 4 points up, however we wouldn't concede and then Clark came to the fore.
We get ahead and Suns rally again until we finally hold them off.
A very good game by the Suns, and we found a way to win.
I don't think we dipped in form, but were well beaten in the mids, but won in other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back