Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North need to merge with the Bulldogs .... or be sent to Tassie
Tassie is a bit too close.

The AFL has bigger plans for them

I7Mtszu.jpg

watching the WCE game yesterday and if WCE get finals in WA we may as well give them the flag ..... like i predicted they will go undefeated in WA so we gotta hope they drop a few when they go back into the QLD hub ...

i still for the life of me cannot understand why they get so well looked after by the umpires ... its almost like every 50/50 decision will land in their favour .. i felt sorry for poor Carlton cause they were playing good footy but every time getting derailed by a 50/50 going against them ... that free kick agains SPS was woeful , the tripping non call against Shuey was almost criminal and as a defender a look in the general direction of Darling is going to result in a free kick ....
i do wonder what the stat is for the player who has converted the most goals from a free kick because im thinking Darling would be right a the very top of that list ...

If we lose by under a goal we hold third spot going into next round.

I’m finding it difficult to judge our performance against the Suns. I can’t work out if we held form or had a dip. The Cats game will tell us how we are travelling.

Nah mate , very very good win for Saints.

Suns best side in for year ,needing to win on their home deck ,can see them killing Essendon this week.

Free hit tonight , we want high scoring game , Cats will want a grind .

Selwood & Dangerfield get the publicity, but its Duncan & Guthrie needing a lot of attention for mine.

watching the WCE game yesterday and if WCE get finals in WA we may as well give them the flag ..... like i predicted they will go undefeated in WA so we gotta hope they drop a few when they go back into the QLD hub ...

i still for the life of me cannot understand why they get so well looked after by the umpires ... its almost like every 50/50 decision will land in their favour .. i felt sorry for poor Carlton cause they were playing good footy but every time getting derailed by a 50/50 going against them ... that free kick agains SPS was woeful , the tripping non call against Shuey was almost criminal and as a defender a look in the general direction of Darling is going to result in a free kick ....
i do wonder what the stat is for the player who has converted the most goals from a free kick because im thinking Darling would be right a the very top of that list ...

The fans help, they boo every decision that goes against them no matter how obvious and jeer every time they get one when it's only their 30 free kick for the quarter and like it's about time. Umpires seem to always be their supporters too out west.

Hate Carlton ,but Dalgleish should have hard look at himself after SPS decision at least 4 Eagles flapping
their arms at him , I get it he lives in Perth ,both WA umpires should be in QLD hub if it’s good enough for
cricket to do it remove the pressure of attacks thru social media , suprised it hasn’t been addressed.

It’s what angers people Hurn dropped the ball in several tackles , Nic Nat same then they pay awful ones
Darling one was a shocker ....unfortunately once Clarkson opens his mouth , no fine , but AFL bows to
the great man.

The amount of blocks off the ball West Coast get away within their back line is criminal and rarely penalised.

Nah mate , very very good win for Saints.

Suns best side in for year ,needing to win on their home deck ,can see them killing Essendon this week.

Free hit tonight , we want high scoring game , Cats will want a grind .

Selwood & Dangerfield get the publicity, but its Duncan & Guthrie needing a lot of attention for mine.

I haven't paid much attention, what's going on with Selwood ?

The fans help, they boo every decision that goes against them no matter how obvious and jeer every time they get one when it's only their 30 free kick for the quarter and like it's about time. Umpires seem to always be their supporters too out west.
the fans do help but it seems to happen even when there is no crowd (as per earlier this season) or even when they are away from home...
its like they have an unwriten reputation with the umpire fraternity that they give the WCE player the benefit of the doubt in the 50/50 calls ...

Hate Carlton ,but Dalgleish should have hard look at himself after SPS decision at least 4 Eagles flapping
their arms at him , I get it he lives in Perth ,both WA umpires should be in QLD hub if it’s good enough for
cricket to do it remove the pressure of attacks thru social media , suprised it hasn’t been addressed.

It’s what angers people Hurn dropped the ball in several tackles , Nic Nat same then they pay awful ones
Darling one was a shocker ....unfortunately once Clarkson opens his mouth , no fine , but AFL bows to
the great man.

The amount of blocks off the ball West Coast get away within their back line is criminal and rarely penalised.
oh man tell me bout it ... Hurn gets the ball takes a gallop get tackled and make no attempt to free the ball its called no prior ... the exact same thing happens a min later but with a carlton player the ump clear as day tells the player you gotta make an effort to get rid of the ball ... when you consider the impact pressure both percieved and actual plays on the game now days thats a huge impact

Anyone watched the Mark Jackson / Mike Sheahan interview from a few years ago?

Anyway Jackson was referring to St Kilda being the most self destructive club in the late 80s and it was well known apparently and Sheahan agreed with him. So anyone care to explain?

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit from the main board. Can't be bothered fact checking but I believe it is correct.
If Jack Newnes plays in the game against Gold Coast in Darwin he will become the only person to have played an AFL game in every state, territory, New Zealand and China. Something to remember for the next trivia night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Filthingwood board is MEEEEEEELLLTTTTIIIINNNNGGGGGG :fire::thumbsu:

Adelaide are due for a win at some point, they have played some pretty good parts of games. At some point they'll knock someone off. Collingwood look like they want to kick themselves out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back