Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When Toby Greene is playing everyone is watching him wondering what this mad little *er is going to do next and Jeremy Cameron inevitably takes uncontested grabs inside 50. When he isn’t playing the opposing team can concentrate on playing football and also defend.

Well that brings to an end the Sydney derby for another year. 9 long years of a bitter rivalry like no other. High end draft picks v decades of salary cap advantage with the latter running out winners of the 4 points this year.

GWS will be happy that they are still the best looking team of the 2 so retain the real bragging rights but critics will point out that Sydney are clearly tanking in these stakes by playing Nick Blakey, who will return to working part time on the ghost train at Luna Park now that the season has returned to 1 game per week.

Bag the 4 points on Sunday and you would think we would get over the Hawks, who have committed to playing youth now, and that gives us 9 wins which is surely enough.
Would be confident vs. Melbourne and especially the Giants the way they played tonight
We'd need a couple of things to go out way to get in the 8 with 9 wins I reckon.

Hopefully we can get 10 to make sure of it!

We just need Collingwood to do us a favour as well

and win ourselves.
Well the Swans won , just goes to show on the day if you are prepared to put in the effort any team can win.
We need 3 more wins and every game will be a struggle if we don't put in the effort .
Time for Membery , Ross and Hill to hit form if we are going to play finals.
Essendon
Lions
West Coast
Melbourne
GWS
Hawthorn

If offered 8th place right now I would take it.

I’m an absolute pessimist.

Also no real advantage between 5th and 8th seeing as we are all playing in QLD anyway.

I get your argument of no real advantage 5th or 8th but the difference of clearly deserving a finals spot rather than just sliding in, would have to be beneficial from a confidence point of view.

Having said that, I’m happily taking 8th spot if that’s where we land up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Swans won , just goes to show on the day if you are prepared to put in the effort any team can win.
We need 3 more wins and every game will be a struggle if we don't put in the effort .
Time for Membery , Ross and Hill to hit form if we are going to play finals.
Essendon
Lions
West Coast
Melbourne
GWS
Hawthorn
I think we will end up winning 4 of those games but your right, we could lose them all if we dont turn up in the day. If we do make finals, it would be great to beat one of Brisbane or West Coast - two of the highest rated teams - on the run home. Would help validate that we are a good side who belongs there.

It's great to be in the position we are without some of our better players being in form. It gives me some confidence that we haven't peaked and there is obvious improvement on what we've already produced this year.

It just makes no sense how GWS are playing so bad.
The only reason I can think of that makes any sense is that their team has lost so many stars plus a fair few others and gained new players in dribs and drabs rather than the motherlode that GCS just got that they can't ever gain any stability and the team can't ever accumulate much experience of playing with each other, plus their coach had no prior experience of AFL coaching.

I think it's in the design of their inception; their rich list was always going to be pillaged by the rest of the comp like El Dorado and until they grow the culture to keep a team together they won't gain any traction. They've been in a grand final and a few finals series so as far as I'm concerned they're about on track, but at some stage they'll have to flick Leon and recruit loyal team players rather than superstars.

Hope the boys are watching the game on Fox tonight, Roo brings up a little play on Ben Kings running & praising him on what that brings to his game.
Maybe a little nudge, nudge, wink, wink moment to Max, letting him know hey look what you can do.

Edit: I know it has nothing to do with Sundays game, but if Winx goes for a decent gallop up & down the field, then you read it here first. 😉
It's interesting, Max has good dexterity and is pretty agile in close, but I haven't seen much pace from him yet, whereas Ben can really put the jets on.

They have different playing styles, but I wonder if Max has the same kind of speed in him.

It's interesting, Max has good dexterity and is pretty agile in close, but I haven't seen much pace from him yet, whereas Ben can really put the jets on.

They have different playing styles, but I wonder if Max has the same kind of speed in him.
Ben is a year ahead of Max at senior level development, so there's time. Max though as a 200cm key target, needs to be actually clunking more marks in the forward half, not just be a tall who brings the ball to the ground.

I think we’re gonna make the 8 this year, mainly based on looking at the ladder. Who in the bottom 10 do you think would deserve a finals spot instead of us?

Maybeeee the Bulldogs, but they’ve lost three on the trot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we’re gonna make the 8 this year, mainly based on looking at the ladder. Who in the bottom 10 do you think would deserve a finals spot instead of us?

Melbourne are the real danger side.

Melbourne with a game in hand are the big threat IMO.

Melbourne play Collingwood this weekend which makes the Dons game even more important. If we win we'll be either 12 pts above Melbourne or 6 above Collingwood.

Knowing the Dees I'd expect the Pies to beat them.

Also with the Cats playing Port we could easily be back in the Top 4 this weekend.

The GWS board should be putting a long term offer in front of Clarko.

They just signed Leon Cameron up for another 2 years...

After last night I want us to go all in on Zac Williams. Get him in. He was the only bloke really busting arse to try and do something in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back