2020 Giants Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Burning i've lost my reserved seat for the 1st game, 1st 4-5 rows removed around stadium for the set up of the Easter Show

Have front row seat and usually end up with top level seat for those games, may need to get in early and secure the members bar window
You have lost more than that now unfortunately

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_0246.png

Under 3k to get 30k

Remarkable that our memberships are growing still to support the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Can’t see why people would sign up tbh

they won’t see a game this year at this rate

I guess that starts another interesting conversation ... If there are no live games this year, (1) would the clubs start refunding memberships? And (2) would you personally want a refund or would you be happy for your money to stay with the club and help it through these crazy times?

Personally I would be happy for money to keep supporting the club this year, games or no games

I guess that starts another interesting conversation ... If there are no live games this year, (1) would the clubs start refunding memberships? And (2) would you personally want a refund or would you be happy for your money to stay with the club and help it through these crazy times?

Personally I would be happy for money to keep supporting the club this year, games or no games

I do agree a lot would be happy to keep the $$$ within the club, but not all will be able too most melb. clubs reserved seat family membership will be $1200-$2000
With family members being laid off and other circumstances be interesting how clubs handle it

CEO's have had their hands full the past 3 days, im sure clubs will offer something to current members and discount for next season

It's early stages we haven't had a game played but if / when we get to finals how the AFL / Clubs handle finals ticketing be interesting as well
There would have to be a bigger allocation to playing clubs, then non playing club members have a increased allocation, a reduced amount for corporate packages and a reduced amount for general public

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Personally, they aren't a charity and I don't see why we should donate. We paid for a product that isn't being delivered

I understand the (heart) argument that the club needs the $ but im more practical in my approach

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS

Im really really happy for the money to stay with the club..if they offer refund i will refuse.

I understand if people that have lost their jobs though all this don't, but i want my club supported. Thats why i pay

Personally, they aren't a charity and I don't see why we should donate. We paid for a product that isn't being delivered

I understand the (heart) argument that the club needs the $ but im more practical in my approach
I'm on the fence, between the two of us our total contribution is about 1600.
As a Sainter I only joined the club to see live footy, so had this happened 5 or 6 years ago I'd probably want my money back
Now as a passionate supporter of the club I'd just like to see some ROI, maybe 30% of it in merch vouchers or something similar, with the club keeping most..

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I think the level of membership purchased would be the deciding factor. Im a Vic member so the outlay isnt that big as people on the top level reserved seat memberships. The club can keep my money but i am concerned what will happen next year to make up for the loss of revenue this year. And the players need to get serious now about sacrificing their own wages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I don’t care either way. I pay my membership (which is based on the number of games I can attend) but I can’t always attend games - I don’t expect a discount because I only got to 6 of 8 games last year. I recognise that’s not a fair comparison though.

Then again, years ago I paid for Geelong membership without ever hoping to attend a single game at all - my membership was purely support for the club. That’s kind of the way I view my membership with the Giants - support for the club, as much as securing a seat.

I also pay for AFLW membership - and it’s free entry to games, essentially you’re paying for a hat and a scarf and a membership card with your name on it.

That said, my 2011 membership (which was purely symbolic) gave me a discount on my 2012 membership and I would expect maybe they’ll do something similar next year. I’d also be happy with a merch credit that might get me a new jumper.

But in the end, if I get no refund, no credit and no merch voucher I won’t be that devastated and it’s not like I won’t be a member again next year.

You just gotta realise just how out of the ordinary this is. Nobody knows what’s going to happen or how long this will last, just gotta shrug your shoulders and say “we’ll see” and take whatever comes next. Whatcha gonna do? Not a lot you can do.

It's members week on the Club website, let us know if anybody has their story shared

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Membership options are now released guys.

There is one thing that is really important here. We all love the club and want to support them, but Covid-19 has effected people in lots of different ways.

Pick the best option for you and your family, and dont listen to a word anyone tells you about your decision. Any choice people make here ate for the right reasons.

Keep staying safe Orange Army xx
Screenshot_20200519-104124_Gmail.jpeg

Membership options are now released guys.

There is one thing that is really important here. We all love the club and want to support them, but Covid-19 has effected people in lots of different ways.

Pick the best option for you and your family, and dont listen to a word anyone tells you about your decision. Any choice people make here ate for the right reasons.

Keep staying safe Orange Army xxView attachment 877884

100%
Each persons response should be seen as a reflection of circumstance, not a measure of commitment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back