Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Oomen (Young)

• Tao Geoghegan Hart (Young)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, after looking at their results on stages 1 and 14:

Hindley finished 46th (1'14" behind Ganna) and 34th (1'52" behind Kelderman)
Kelderman finished 68th (14" behind Hindley) and 9th (44'27")
Goeghan Hart finished 126th (50" behind Hindley) and 13th (37" behind Kelderman)

On a 15 km TT I can't see Kelderman putting serious (1+ minutes) into either of them. It's too short. I think Hindley needs 30 seconds on either to win though. So if Kelderman cracks on stage 20 he has to attack at some stage.

But tonight is about the Maglia Ciclamino. 62 points up for grabs tonight. Whatever makes up the breakaway will likely absorb most of the intermediate sprint so essentially Sagan has to hope to win the stage and hope Demare finishes 4th or lower at this stage

The last TT is dead flat and has minimal corners so Kelderman should beat the younger 2. Ineos have the strength in Ganna and Dennis to attack Saturdays stage to set up a win so be it will be interesting to see how Sunweb play it out. Kelderman has used up a lot of energy riding by himself on this stage.

The last TT is dead flat and has minimal corners so Kelderman should beat the younger 2. Ineos have the strength in Ganna and Dennis to attack Saturdays stage to set up a win so be it will be interesting to see how Sunweb play it out. Kelderman has used up a lot of energy riding by himself on this stage.
Kelderman should win but he needs to be well within a minute I'd say, it's such a short one

Was able to have a short conversation with Matt Keenan on twitter this morning (yay! I love Matt). He reckons Jai needs 30-45 seconds on Tao coming into the ITT to stay ahead. So he probably needs to attack on the final climb tomorrow regardless of what happens to Wilco if he wants to stay ahead of Tao. And it's probably good strategy either way because it means TGH would have to follow and Wilco can just sit in the wheel and if TGH makes it back, Wilco then attacks, and if TGH cracks after that the 1-2 would be decided either way

What looked like turning into a bit of a fizzer for GC in this race has been flipped on its head. Sunweb are getting roasted for their tactics but I'm not sure what else they could. I think Hindley had to follow the Ineos move, if he waited for his team mate they lose everything.

What looked like turning into a bit of a fizzer for GC in this race has been flipped on its head. Sunweb are getting roasted for their tactics but I'm not sure what else they could. I think Hindley had to follow the Ineos move, if he waited for his team mate they lose everything.
Pretty much. It's an undeniably weak field but look at it from this perspective. We've had three of the top 5 young cycling GC talents (alongside the Pog and Enric Mas) coming up some absolute guns of the past (Nibali, Majka) and come away looking like the GC battle for the next decade in all three grand tours with guys like Kelderman finally delivering on his talent similar to Richie in the Tour!

Although over summer we have to send Jai to Cadel to teach him how to TT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he could of got rid of Dennis earlier maybe a different result. Hope for some luck, mechanicals, punctures, anything can happen.
I was whisper-shouting at my phone telling him to go on with it after the bonus seconds. Like honestly, if he had, Tao might have struggled because there was a small gap there but he sat up.

Really poor tactics from Sunweb

Back