Preview 2020 Goodbye (To 2021) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Edmunds on SEN saying our trial game will be against Essendon at Alberton rather than WCE in Perth. Says should be officially announced later today.

See 2 posts below for correction and audio link.

Last edited:

My bad I wasn't listening close enough. Geelong and Collingwood are playing Port and Adelaide in unofficial practice matches at end of February. Essendon was mentioned straight after this and I mixed them up.

Sam didn't say matches would be in Adelaide but the way he said it, it sounds that way and that we would be playing Geelong. He didn't say official preseason games had been changed but hinted that they could be changed at any minute.

Listen from 3.00 in the audio

Bonner is either a superstar or looking elsewhere next season. Could very easily go either way he doesn't lack the athletic ability to be anything but too many kids with something to prove for him to get many chances.

He had the option of moving last year.

He didn't want to leave SA.

Grateful that the club has let in Club 1870 members to combine it with an breakfast to replace the usual event we have in mid March at AO just before the season kicks off. Unfortunately we can't have interaction with the players like those events at AO, where they invite all the new players along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had the option of moving last year.

He didn't want to leave SA.

Good to know even the Port Adelaide Magpies is a more attractive option than Essendon right now.

Internal trial to be live streamed

Didn't realise this was even on, great something to look forward do with the footy 'kinda back'..... Will be very interesting along with the other preseason games with so many playing for their round 1 spot.

Good on bonner for wanting to stick with port, and hopefully make his career work out here.

I do recall a Hartlett doing something similar and being applauded for it.

Also if bonner did what Hartlett did in those final minutes of the prelim he would’ve been crucified for it.

Not saying I’m not a Hartlett fan but its funny how some players get off way lighter than others.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good on bonner for wanting to stick with port, and hopefully make his career work out here.

I do recall a Hartlett doing something similar and being applauded for it.

Also if bonner did what Hartlett did in those final minutes of the prelim he would’ve been crucified for it.

Not saying I’m not a Hartlett fan but its funny how some players get off way lighter than others.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hartlett has more credits in the bank.

It's like when Dixon missed a bunch of shots in the 2017 elim final, but because he was a big reason we were still in the game, he didn't cop it as much as Impey for example who was worst on ground in the SANFL, got called up, then had a stinker of a game, which also included a big error that cost us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back