Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
All the photos we’ve been seeing aren’t doing much to help me believe we have fixed our forward 50 entries much. Just about every single photo series is filled with large packs all flying for the same ball with no leading or separation.

Wish we could find a way to open up space like the cats do for Hawkins To lead to the ball but at the same time also have multiple options rather than our approach of bomb it long to a pack 8/10 times.
Don Pyke and or Teague had their forward line working really well when all we could offer was bomb it long. I agree with you but will Ken change much?

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don Pyke and or Teague had their forward line working really well when all we could offer was bomb it long. I agree with you but will Ken change much?

Im not expecting him too now after so many years. Love big dix as a focal point but wonder now if the forward line would be more dynamic without him. Marshall the lead up, Ladhams deep pack marker, georgiades another lead up.

Obviously don’t want Dixon not to play as he’s vital now but keep those 3 together in 3-4 years time and we should be much more efficient without relying on Dixon to out mark everyone.

For now, our hope of improving may come from Raz, butters and co sweeping around the packs instead of an effective tall structure/patterns

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was our first pick in 19 so he’d want to be good lol
I hoping he will be I'm still dirty we moved back 2 spots when we should of stayed firm.
Will be interesting tracking Bergman and Pickett hopefully we bring Pickett home then it won't matter lol.

Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees
Rockliff should be pushed out of the starting mids this year. Which is a good thing
I think that is a little unfair. He has been a great defensive mid and was put in there to add smarts and structure at the ball ups. He patrolled the defensive side at the ball ups and sacrificed his game to make us more balanced there... He had a great year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really? So if Dustin Martin has a quiet one in the next game he plays does that make him an ordinary player?

Does Rockliff have 2 Norm Smiths, 3 flags and a Brownlow? Rockliff kind of is an ordinary player. He's not top 10 or even top 50.

Why does everyone have to take everything so literally anyway? It's a figure of speech. Your last game is what everyone remembers and if it's in a cut throat final that's even worse.

Rocky had an excellent year last year. He and Ollie playing to their talent level was a massive reason we finished so high.

Having said that, im ok with him being phased out and some others getting more time this year

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Was listening to the Lachie Jones interview on SEN. He was asked what guys he finds difficult to match up on. He said "there's a couple of guys on notice"...

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rocky had an excellent year last year. He and Ollie playing to their talent level was a massive reason we finished so high.

Having said that, im ok with him being phased out and some others getting more time this year
Rocky looks fit & firing. He will feature quite a bit this season IMO, but I agree, we really want to see the next-gen of players take over at some point.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yep.

The performance of the team trumps that of the individual.

We aren't going to go the whole way until we get some better kicks and decision makers in the midfield.

He and Ollie had great years but it is hard to keep them both in especially if they can't go forward and have an impact.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gee X is impressive will definitely captain the club 1 day.
Just on rocky he did have an outstanding yr last yr my biggest concern is his leg speed particularly if we get to the big dance on a sunny day on the G he might get found out.
But he will be crucial during the winter months.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Gee X is impressive will definitely captain the club 1 day.
Just on rocky he did have an outstanding yr last yr my biggest concern is his leg speed particularly if we get to the big dance on a sunny day on the G he might get found out.
But he will be crucial during the winter months.

What happens if it’s the wettest September on record?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back